Newbie in New Brunswick, Canada

noobinnb

Total noob here.

I have been fascinated by flight and everything related ever since I was a child. Have looked at gyro kits websites and gyro videos in the past couple of years. Seasoned members may understand that I am itching to just go up in a gyro of my own one day. Unfortunately, I have no idea as to where to to start. There do not seem to be any gyro flyers or trainers in close proximity. Any suggestions as to where I should look for information on training etc would help.

*** P.S. I have been more of a dreamer than a doer in my life. I hope I actually do take up flying a gyro and pass on that love to my children.

Welcome to the forum. Your pretty far from any gyro instruction. If you get involved with flying you sure have some nice territory to fly over.

My only advice would be. Set aside some cash and some time and travel to an instructor. Get some flying time in and make up your mind if it's really for you or not. If you think it's for you then continue your instruction. If it's not for you then go home early.

A lot of people in the States have had to travel quite a distance to get instruction.

Good luck what ever you decide to do.

Noob, get to Bensen Days or Mentone this year. It may seem like a setback to spend gyro money on an airline ticket or driving, but it's the single best investment you can make at this point. You'll get to see lots of different gyros, and if you plan ahead you can book an intro flight with an instructor.

Hello Ather,

I'm from Quebec and there is 2 gyro schools here close to Quebec city.

One that use and sell Magni gyro. Contact : Nicolas Horn, 1 (581) 998-1460, [email protected]

The other one where I'm getting training right now use and sell Auto-gyro GMBH. Contact : David Sigier, 1 (418) 580-8912, [email protected]. That's were SnowGum get her training too.

Hope you'll find it's not too far from you, since it's probably right now the only two schools in Canada for gyro learning.

Maher

Hi

Tansport Canada are a good bunch - they have an excellent online database that is all publically available for you to search

A quick whizz found the following - if you want more details of Owners and Locality then plug the Canadian registrations into their search facility I've linked to below

Autogyro Calidus - C-GKYE and C-GMUI

Autogyro MTOsport - C-GEAX, C-GISJ, C-GIUW and C-GMUJ

Magni M16 C-GHFT, C-GNBX

Magni M24 C-GJNO and C-GJNU

Vortex - C-FZWI

plus others too

Xenons - zero in Canada

http://wwwapps2.tc.gc.ca/Saf-Sec-Sur/2/ccarcs/aspscripts/en/advancedsearch.asp

Cheers

Steve

Greetings Ather and welcome to the forum and more fun than should be legal.