TJ100 Turbojet on a hoverboard?

I think this has been posted here somewhere, he has 6 turbine engine with a computer
even the controller is wifi.

some say it's fake but I saw some of first flying video and it look real to me.
I seen about 4 videos of this fly boards it gets better every time.

It's real for sure... is made the video myself... only nobody wanted to comment on the technology overthere, wich i can understand ofcourse :)

It looked like it only has 1 engine....

i will lookup the previous posts..

I call dibs on US distributorship :)

Could this be true...? I find it hard to believe that Zapata's 'flyboard' may exist at all...

However, it has been awarded a Guinness record, so it must be real...
http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com...est-hoverboard-flight-record-in-france-427011

A rough calculation shows that at least 400 kW would be needed just to keep the 'flyboard' hovering, with Mr Zapata on board. That's roughly in line with the 1000 hp mentioned, in several internet sources, as the power figure for the 'independent power unit'...

To my knowledge, turbojets so small and powerful simply don't exist. Apparently, the inventor says that he uses four units with 250 hp each...

Besides, stability control would be hard to achieve in a turbojet-driven platform so small in size. Turbines, are notoriously slow to respond. Small turbines may be better, but the spinning mass is still important, and the revs are extremely high. Multicopters are easy to control, because they have several low-inertia propellers, independently driven with electric motors, that have a comparatively short response time. Perhaps that flyboard uses exhaust vanes, as the V-2 missile, but that would add to the size of the turbojets...

Any comments...?

I am rather skeptical of their claims...Just looking at the size of his back pack fuel supply, I reckon its maybe 20 litres, a litre of fuel oil at best = 44mj = 12.2 kwh so 20 litre is only a total of 244kwh. His flight time is 10 minutes or more ....doesn't seem like enough fuel??

I am rather skeptical of their claims...Just looking at the size of his back pack fuel supply, I reckon its maybe 20 litres, a litre of fuel oil at best = 44mj = 12.2 kwh so 20 litre is only a total of 244kwh. His flight time is 10 minutes or more ....doesn't seem like enough fuel??

And that, assuming that the turbojets convert thermal into mechanical energy with a 100% efficiency... Probably, it's 20-30%, or perhaps less in the case of a very small turbojet working under 'stationary' conditions...

Multi-Turbine Flyboard air.

Multi-Turbine Flyboard air.

Interesting concept.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIzXECLf7TE
Unit is fitted with four of the larger model jet turbines similar I guess to those used by "Rossy" on his wing. The Flyboard air as it's called has a JP 70mm ducted fan unit mounted on each side for yaw control.
Yes, the back-pack tank is the jet-a1 fuel supply.
Designer is planning a sit on model however all past kinetic control boards ran into control sluggishness/problems with larger mass when this was previously attempted.
In an earlier post I supplied well detailed results of Charles Zimmerman in the 60's.
Listed under "Another attempt, back-pack helicopter"

From what I read on the engines he is using which are use in the RC jets they produce about 45 to 55lbs of thrust and with four he is able to achieve the lift he need to overcome his body weight and fuel he is carrying. He looks to be about 160lbs.....so this is not out of the question but the info I read on the jet engines may not be correct. they may produce much more.

Add some guns and maybe a missile launcher, sell it to the Americans, then it would be called a 'Strategic Defensive Platform'............ ;-)