2015 Carolina BarnStormers Fall Fly In

ultracruiser41

Gold Member
Aircraft
Cavalon, OutBack Tango, Ryan PT 22, JetGyro, Jet Provost, Champ, Radial Rocket Gyro, HummelBird
Total Flight Time
Too many to count
"Hear ye......Hear ye.....Hear ye"........
Calling all Gyronaught brethren..........

Let it be known to all that during the 10th month of the year of 2015 on the 16th thru the 18th days of our Lord.......

.......that these days are to be designated this...."The Barnstormers Fall Fly In".

It is indeed a merry and jovial weekend that is to bring joyeth and harmony to thy lives....but alas......no drama to be seen!

There is grandeth areas for bed as well as food fit for Kings. Bring your capable steeds....your reliable mounts.....your maidens....your off spring.

Dignitaries that arrivith early will be treated....Oh nay.....shall I say rewarded with the undying and honorable joy of spending additional time with your hosts.

:welcome:

If there is flying, food and general gyro related festivities, count me in.
P.S. I will bring my own crime scene tape!

For-dang-sooth, Y'all

For-dang-sooth, Y'all

OK...who gave Barry the "Charles Dickens Greatest Hits" DVD?

Last edited:
"Hear ye......Hear ye.....Hear ye"........
Calling all Gyronaught brethren..........

Let it be known to all that during the 10th month of the year of 2015 on the 16th thru the 18th days of our Lord.......

.......that these days are to be designated this...."The Barnstormers Fall Fly In".

It is indeed a merry and jovial weekend that is to bring joyeth and harmony to thy lives....but alas......no drama to be seen!

There is grandeth areas for bed as well as food fit for Kings. Bring your capable steeds....your reliable mounts.....your maidens....your off spring.

Dignitaries that arrivith early will be treated....Oh nay.....shall I say rewarded with the undying and honorable joy of spending additional time with your hosts.

:welcome:

So should someone who wishes to attend just fly randomly to airports in the Carolina's or might there be a more efficient way to find it?

Last edited:
Touché Joe !!

The home of the Carolina BarnStormers......

Anson County Airport. KAFP
Wadesboro, NC

.....or you could just randomly fly to any North Carolina airport and ask for Barry......they'll point you in the right direction.......and we'll leave a light on for ya !

Stop This Errant Rumor NOW!!

Stop This Errant Rumor NOW!!

There is a rumor going around that has to stop now. It isn't funny and is going to have PETA and all the other animal rights groups fairly upset...and possibly rightly so.

THERE IS NO TRUTH TO THE RUMOR that the egg drop contest, as presented at Bensen Days in recent years, is to be replaced at the Carolina Barnstormers Event by a combination live chicken drop and subsequent chicken fry. This would be an inhumane act resulting in unnecessary pain and suffering for the chickens.

Any reasonable person would have to agree this is a terrible idea. In addition to the animal cruelty, there could be severe bruising, making the quality of the meat below par. Add to that the fact chickens do have some limited flight capability, making it almost impossible to actually hit a target.

Kindly help to squash this rumor and preserve the dignity of gyroplane events.

Increasing accuracy

Increasing accuracy

I HEARD it was going to be a chick drop, and that a chick magnet would be placed on the field to increase accuracy.

...not sure what kind of chick though. :noidea: Tim may know.

M

I was thinking a cow drop.......they're a lot tougher than chickens!

Are these the chicks being dropped?

Attachments

• chicks.jpeg
    chicks.jpeg
    9.4 KB · Views: 0
Scott:

Only if we can't get spotted owls.

Hey ,!
You can't drop them spotted owls ..... They are very tasty ! Droping them on the grill is ok !!!

So, the lawn dart catch is definitely off the table for discussion, then? Even with the addition of safety goggles?

How about golfball dodgeball???? Only a five iron can be used

Five iron

Five iron

Will you be allowed to add feathers to the shaft for guidance or will you just drop it head first?

Will you be allowed to add feathers to the shaft for guidance or will you just drop it head first?

I think that if you were to tie a brick to the head of the five iron, you probably wouldn't need feathers. Testing may be in order.

Five iron drop

Five iron drop

I was thinking club and individual entries. Best decorated, closest to the pin ( hole 19 flag), etc.
Single sided feather might "fly" like a pine tree seed. Could be developed into an actual event. Titanium heads vs. traditional wooden vs. extruded aluminum.
I hate to share too many ideas just yet. But rather get the creative juices flowing in the minds of others.
And there are minds out there waiting to show their abilities.