Talking to king avaition school about gyro's

Brent Drake

Gyroplane Instructor
Aircraft
Pipers/Cessna's/Magnus, Helo's/Gyro's
Total Flight Time
4,000+
Last edited:
Very interesting. Brent that would be a magical leap forward. People would think gyros had more credibility.

Yes Desmon, I think of someone like that would help us with a training video or? would be awesome for our sport.

I have no personal knowledge of how well the Kings instruct in gyros. My guess is that they don't have a lot of experience in gyros. But I can certainly see the marketing and publicity benefit in their support.

-- Chris.

From a business perspective, I can't imagine them doing it. It's too small of a market to make it profitable. Perhaps down the road.

Didn't King write the FAA's Rotorcraft Flight Manual (under contract w/ the guv'mint)?

Way to go PRA!!!
It NEVER hurts to ask and you just never know until you try!!!

Good on you Brent!!!

Now that I think about it, it was Sanderson-Jeppesen, not King, who wrote the FAA Rotorcraft Manual.

Even that gives us a bit of "cred."

It would seem to me that King wouldn't have to create very much brand new material. Their videos already cover most of it, they would just need to maybe have one video of the gyro specific ground school and question practice/review. Then package that new video with material they already have. I found their ground school to be GREAT for fixed wing. Dauntless is just ok for gyros it seems.