Bill Ortmayer CFI

GyroRon

Former Gyro know it all
Aircraft
Vans RV4 / Dominator 582 Ultrawhite
Total Flight Time
ALOT
Anyone hear how Bill is doing? I see he has a new article in the latest Rotorcraft magazine that came in the mail today.

Ron what month was the last Mag put out? The last one I got I think was the long list of the members.

I got the June-July issue yesterday. Had a great write up on Bensen Days by Barnstorm Tim

Me Too!

Me Too!

I got my June-July issue yesterday also. It could have been more timely since it had Mentone info in it!

I had an opportunity to have a lengthy conversation with editor Rick Gilley about the mag while at Mentone. It was informative and I'm hoping he sees fit to inform the rest of you thru the magazine.

Rick has a tough job and it has taken him awhile to get a handle on it but it appears the learning curve is starting to flatten out. He is apparently somewhat tougher than past editors. He stated at the general membership meeting that the PRA was owed $14,000 in back advertising fees when he took over and has informed the advertisers that this is no longer permissable and has taken steps to correct the situation. We were told that the mags ad rates were comparatively low to begin with and then to have advertisers shirk their financial responsibility wasn't fair to the membership.

Thanks Ron! :)

Rick has a really difficult job and all of the other Rotorcraft staff are unpaid volunteers that do the work in spare time. I ran a collage newspaper for 3 years and it can be much more difficult and time consuming than you would think.

BTW, Rotorcraft needs pictures from Mentone. If you have some unpublished and unposted photos of Mentone 2004 please send them to myself or Rotorcraft. Thanks!

Bill Ortmayer update

Bill Ortmayer update

I received this update from Bill today. I had asked him about the actual cause of the accident but he did not respond to that question.

"Randy...I'm on the mend,but I have at least two more surgeries on my hand. The doctors are rebuilding it, but it must be done in stages. A month ago was surgery #10.

I've not decided if I will rebuild my gyro. It depends on how well my hand ends up working. I will be able to continue in airplanes."

...Bill