Chris Spadafora

PRuffin

Gold Member
Chris, Hope I spelled your name right. I'm trying to make a 100 post before the week is up so here we go.

You like Harleys so I thought I would post a few more photos of my Grand Canyon trip.

The first one is a rest stop on the way from Flagstaff to the Canyon.

Attachments

• pitstop.jpg
    pitstop.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 0
Re:Chris Spadafora

It was a little hairy to get the bikes parked here but it makes for a good photo.

Attachments

• theedge.jpg
    theedge.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 0

They were rentals right? If you slipped you slipped ;D

Yikes

We rented the bikes at a place called Fire and Ice in Scottdale Az. Can't remember what the cost was but I do remember it wasn't bad.

The bike were in great shape almost like new. One of the better short trips that I've had in a long time. Of course it's always good when you break the routine of working all the time.

Phil,
That is a great shot of you three guys and the bikes.

Did you, by chance, take a gyro trip through the canyon?

Wasn't doing gyros at the time. I was saving money to by a new bike when I saw a gyro fly over and that was all she wrote. Bike was out, Gyro was in......

I posted these photos to see what kind of reaction I would get to the last one. I guess people have seen this kind of thing before and not impressed. Oh well......

Phil,

That's the way it was with me also. I loved my Harleys. But nothing I've ever done can compare with gyro's. "Ain't it fun"?

Chris I know that ledge ! a bunch of us went there and did the same thing. No big deal. We really did get to the edge though..... jtm

Attachments

• theedgeREAL.jpg
    theedgeREAL.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 0

Great Pics.

The Grand Canyon is one of my favorite places- I have done three 21 day kayak trips thru it and will do another one next year (after being on the waiting list since 1993).

I have flown a Cessna 182 thru the canyon several times too. It is FANTASTIC. Even though you have to stay sort of high and fly special VFR corridors above the commercial operators the scenery is so BIG it does not matter it is awesome.

Rob Dubin

I took the guys out, rebuilt the background and then took this photo a cut a pasted us in. Reworked the lighting, added some shadows and there ya go. I sent the other photo to the rental place and wasn't asked to come back and rent again. Wonder why?

Attachments

• TheGuysOrig.jpg
    TheGuysOrig.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 0

Very Nice Job. I was thinking about that picture as I drove to work this morning. Getting the bikes out there would have been one thing. Backing them off would have been another. Good Work!

Okay Okay, our group only actually had 4 people in the group. I mean ummm that would be neat to see.....

jtm

Phil,

You really had us there! I was thinking the same way that Todd was, then we saw James' pic and realized that was a hoax, still not knowing yours was. I said to Shar, "I'd never take my bike out on that." Now you tell the truth!! We were impressed.

I have been a little busy and will get to that brake thing soon. Hang in there!! Haven't even touched my gyro in weeks and now they want snow today. Just trying to make ends meet right now.

Hey Chris

Attachments

• bobbythekat.jpg
    bobbythekat.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 0

Chris, I know what you mean about making ends meet. My ends are so far apart I can't even see them right now.

Todd, The hardest part about putting those bikes on the ledge was taking out the old Fire Station that you could see through the windshields. Ended up air brushing new ones on.

Rob, You'be been waiting 10+ years to kayak the river? Did you have to wait that long for all the trips? Man you must want it bad!

Ron,
You had to remind me of my long lost cat. I have owned 2 black cats, they both lived approximately 10 years each, they were the greatest. Little Black Sambo1 and 2. Sam for short. We caught both of them in our leg hold traps at one time or another, but Sam2's back foot didn't heal. His leg had to be amputated. He got around so good for the rest of his life, it was like he didn't even need the 4th leg. Here is a pic.

Attachments

• scan0015.jpg
    scan0015.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 0

I have a cat, her name is Mrs. Meow meow. I love to put a piece of tape and wrap it around one of her paws and let her go! That is so funny to watch her try to shake it off ;D

Also Both my Black Lab Mr. Miller and Mrs. Meow Meow love to chase my laser pointer light around the house. They know it is me with the light and as soon as I pull it out they start going nuts, like Laser Light Junkies.