Radiation!?

This is a potentially serious issue, but an isolated, one-time reading taken by a surfer walking the beach with a Geiger counter does not substantiate the speculation of the YouTube poster. Between the politics and desire for viral fame, there's a lot of unreasoning hysteria surrounding this story right now.

It does appear that the sailors aboard the Reagan may have a case.

It is remarkable to me that people worry more about radiation from Japan than about years of 24/7 inhalation of waste from vehicles and fossil fuel plants in their own communities. The operator of the plant in Japan (and slack government regulation there) are legitimate bad guys, but in the US you'll likely be healthier living downwind of a nuke plant than downwind of a coal plant.

I saw them talking about increased levels several weeks after the event on CNN. But strange thing is, I have heard nothing since. They must have broad cast it before they got their gag order. ---------- James

I was thinking the same thing Paul WP ... a surfer walks along the beach and before he puts his toe in the water his radiation detector goes off ... to him , the world has come to an end.

He will have to take up skate boarding or something. :)