The making of Behemot

Further shaping of the brackets. Damn this is painfully slow. I hate the fact that I got old. I used to get things done much faster..........

So Gabi….you've had a taste of my plight…I know how you feel. Actually, I think you are speeding along at a remarkable pace! You're both building and designing on the fly. And you should know by now….you'll find a way to make whatever you're building….work….and work well!

So Gabi….you've had a taste of my plight…I know how you feel. Actually, I think you are speeding along at a remarkable pace! You're both building and designing on the fly. And you should know by now….you'll find a way to make whatever you're building….work….and work well!
Ed, this is a point many folks fail to appreciate when building from proven plans. Someone else has done most of the "scratching, cussin' and scrapping parts" for them! When you build from scratch, you must do all that yo' own danged self! ;)

There is a major difference in building from plans and building from scratch. Maybe the term "scratch" comes from scratching your head as you move to the next part. Every piece of the the project is a prototype LOL. Aren't you glad the rotors and head is already a plug and play item?

Ed, this is a point many folks fail to appreciate when building from proven plans. Someone else has done most of the "scratching, cussin' and scrapping parts" for them! When you build from scratch, you must do all that yo' own danged self! ;)

You are so right Pete….but some of us have this bug in our head that thinks….I wonder, what if…..
I think my darn bug is dying though….I think this is my last foray into the unknown….well, there is that 1/x Fret Guitar….oh, and that…..shoot, never mind.

Gabor!..................................................................... You're a WILD THING!!!!

Slow down boy. I'm getting dizzy.

Wow! That's some gear buddy!

Lookin good!!!!!

You should send some of those pictures to Irwin for one ofn their adds.

Hey Gabor, it looks like you got about 2 more weeks.

I don't know. Still a lot to be done. He hasn't even started on the hood ornament yet.

I do like those heavy-duty cup holders though, Gabor. Nice work! :first:

Gabor, what are you going to use for power? Some Ukrainian powerplant? :)

I've been wondering that. I have a feeling it is going to take some serious horsepower to make a rocket out of all that well-engineered metal. Let me say once again that I heartily approve of both the metal and horsepower required to move it! Arr ARRRR!!!!

Very cool landing gear. I can't wait to see it in action! Thank you for the pictures.

I have to say I am disappointed that you are going to use a "mere" Rotax 582. I was hoping to hear that it would be powered by a fire-snorting, turbo-having, exotic "Binford 2000 - like" powerplant....or that you at least had plans to "borrow" Stan's turbine when he wasn't watching. You could return it in two weeks and still get a season of flying out of it.

Yeah Jon….Tim the ToolMan Taylor would use something more exotic….like an Allison 12 cylinder Mustang engine! Whoops….we better watch what dastardly ideas we say out loud; Gabi may go….hmm! That is one finely engineered hunk of bracket you made their Gabi! Can't wait to see how you plan on providing the final gear action and wheel attachment…..

1- One leg can be released to lay the machine over to clear under the top of the standard 6 feet garage door opening and roll into the garage.

2- The gear can be easily adjusted back or forward for rock back after test if needed.

3- The ride height can be easily adjusted higher or lower.

4- The spring rate and stiffness can be adjusted softer or harder.

All four points are excellent ideas Gabi....especially 1 and 2.....which are great ideas. While trying to figure your gear out, those first two never crossed my pea pick'in brain. I have a feeling that the coming new-build gyro's will be using some of your ideas to better their's......

Gabi those are some neat ideas. I know that when Stu and I wanted to get the Hornet out we disconnected the gear legs at the top and collapsed her down to allow her out. It was tough going with just the two of us, heavy work.

When you do tilt her maybe some form of wheeled frame to allow you to wheel her in at that angle...but then you had that covered and have the drawings done anyway I'll bet.

Gab
Did I miss something?
What are the black landing legs from?
Corvette carbon fiber leaf springs?
Looks great

wow......Are they carbon Fiber?

I've been looking at the flat landing legs they have at Aircraft spruce to try something on my RAF
but no luck yet.

Gabor- I love your fiberglass suspension. Man, you just keep spoon feeding us surprises. I am starting to feel stupid. I will shake it off! Way to go! Stan

I was getting worried Gabi....no sign of you for quite some time.
I like your tubing bracket for the seat clamp....great idea.
Will the front tube that lays against the mast be bolted....or is it epoxied to it?