Frank "Bull" Brown

James

Gold supporter
Aircraft
Cessna 150 & 172 & Gyro
Total Flight Time
3700 hrs.
I know all of the "old timers" and probally a bunch of the "newbees" know Frank "Bull" Brown. Frank and I talk frenquently on the phone, the last time I talked to him he told me that he is giving up flying. I remember when I first met Frank about 30 years ago, I took and instant liking to him. His zest for life, his love of flying and his abundant personality were the first things I noticed about him. We have been friends since that first meeting, I use to fly into Richlands airport in Virgina where he lives and spend days with him making his rounds as an artificial insemenater (sp) for Select Sires. He would all ways tell the farmers ( as he had arm up the cows rear) "this is Bubba Lee from Tennessee, I brought him along to kiss the cows when I get through". I don't know if he will still go to fly-ins or not, and I don't think he is in bad health,( at least he told me he wasn't) but I think enough is wrong that he does not feel confident to fly anymore. Frank is in his 70's. Frank does not use a computer, but if he should here about this post, I want him to know he has been a good friend to me and I love him like a member of my family.

Happy retirement from flying Frank,

James Lee
Gallatin, TN

James,
I have known Bull most of my life. I am sure he would love to continue flying but, age catches us all eventually. I hope he still comes to Bensen Days. He tells the best jokes.

Bull attended a small flyin here in the FL panhandle last summer and flew his gyro. I wanted to go but had to work. I have some video of him flying at Bensen Days. I've heard some of his flying stories and they are great. Hope he still attends the flyins.

It wasn't for a lack of Charmin

It wasn't for a lack of Charmin

I've known Bull Brown for a long time, unfortunately, I've only understood about one half of what he said. I've had better luck understanding the Japanese at Bensen Days.

I hope he still comes to see his family at the PRA events.

Bubba, I always suspected you were a cow kisser.

Attachments

• DSC00064.JPG
    DSC00064.JPG
    17.1 KB · Views: 0
Tom,
That isn't fair. Just because he breeds cows doesn't mean he actually kisses them first.

You have heard the old saying "I got screwed and didn't even get a kiss" Well, if you kiss the cows when Frank gets through, then they won't feel that way!

James Lee
Gallatin, TN

I found Frank very affable.

He helped me to feel welcome at Bensen Days the first time I was there.

I have enjoyed seeing him every year since our first meeting.

I had trouble understanding his humor but he didn’t seem to mind.

Thank you, Vance