5ft McCutchen Hub

CLS447

Platinum Member
Aircraft
Air Command 503 & Air Command SxS /EJ2.5
Total Flight Time
Aprox 400 gyro
I am reluctantly offering this hub for sale. I was going to have blades installed by Skywheels but can't afford it at this time. Hub cost 1000.00 from Skywheels. Would like to get 500.00.

Attachments

• IM001559.JPG
    IM001559.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 0
Re:5ft McCutchen Hub

You should keep that and buy a set of Fleck blades and you will have a new set of metal skywheels.

Re:5ft McCutchen Hub

Still for sale

Chris, is the hub bar still for sale??

Mike,
I think I am going to hang onto it for awhile. May I ask what you would like to do with it? Are you going to extend a shorter set of Mc blades by 2 feet? Are you aware that the holes may not line up for you? I might sell it I just don't know right now.

Yes....my Bensen with the Subaru engine has 23 ft. blades and I feel 25's would probably be better. I was not aware of the hole problem.

Chris, while at the airport today I measured the holes in the hub bar. There are 4 holes spaced evenly for 10 inches. Approx 3.25 inches between them.

Here is a pic of mine which is 3 ft.

Attachments

• IMG_2680.JPG
    IMG_2680.JPG
    23.4 KB · Views: 1
Mike,

I bought the hub with the same intentions. When I slid my blades in the holes did not line up. Close but no match.

Evidently, they drill the blades and the hub at the same time giving you a matched set. I thought of several ways to make the holes line up, but after doing this will they be balanced?

Ron's idea with the Fleck blades has been done successfully. I personally, would like to send the hub to the new Mc people and have a 29 or 30 foot set of blades made.

When I bought it, I was hoping the holes would line up and I would have half the battle won. I'm building a KB-2 with Subaru and plan to use my 23 foot Skywheels. I might need to extend them to 25's. I do not want to modify the holes in the blades, just the holes in the hub. So, I can still use my 3 foot hub.

If I decide to sell it, and you are up for the challenge, I will let you know.

Thanks for your interest.

Attachments

• IM000903.JPG
    IM000903.JPG
    16.1 KB · Views: 0
Chris do you still have this hub bar?
And what is your plan with all the blades you have?
Do you stil have the 27' or are they 28' DW they would be nice on my two place after I get the 670 put on it?
What did you say your SXS gross weight was.

Last edited:
1200 gross. I got 28' DW's. How are you doin?

I am Doing OK. My gross weight will be right at 1000 the 27' would be better? Will have to get a DW head to just to make it easy for me if I go that why.