Mentone anyone?

It going to be a PARTY!!!! I enjoy seeing all the manufactures new rides and the old school toys and hanging with the gang and meeting new friends. Then there are the contests, the inexpensive food and did I mention it's a party.

Paid up ... ready to attend!

Paid up ... ready to attend!

BUT first ...THERE IS ROTR's ... the extended wet weather in the heartland &Kansas has made it possible for the 2nd year for Team Toevs to drive to & attend ROTR! :whoo: ... THEN ...Hay-making!!! - for the elyphunts ;)

Today with help from our new enthusiastic ...A&P/IA friend from down @ Lifewatch ...near the 35 end of KEWK ... we got the oil & filter changed in "Festey"... & Fred installed an oil thermostat ( the TE cooling is SO efficient ... it takes way too long to get oil well warmed & we have a ( smaller) wrap on the cooler - even in summer ... got a look @ the top plugs ...when we did the pressure purge!

The flying weather has been SO cruddy for SO long ... but today was a great day ... I did a few circuits with some landing practice ... to warm up the oil!

Put in some time finishing off the fix-its - to complete the YCI! ( earlier in the afternoon I went to the FSDO - on several missions ... most important was adding N556XT to my EAB repairman's cert!)

After checking for leaks & post maint checks ...I took Fred up for some rear-seat stick-time doing basic maneuvers ... he did great! I bet in a short time with a CFI ... to get those TO- landings down pat ... he'll be signed off with a gyro-add-on & ready for his own pretty TE!!! :D

It is my intention to drive to Mentone for the PRA convention.

It is my intention to drive to Mentone for the PRA convention.

I don’t know it I will have an aircraft available for training.

I am going to visit old friends, make new ones, and have fun learning about gyroplanes.

I recommend The PRA Convention for anyone who is interested in gyroplanes.

Fun may be had by all.

Wasn't there supposed to be a BIG announcement regarding a guest, or something like that, last month???

I will attend. I plan to do a couple of seminars / forums as well. I can perform Airworthiness Certifications as well, but I need to hear from applicants very soon.

I have only missed one PRA convention, Paso Robles, CA. (with a very, very good excuse) since 1974. I must enjoy attending them. :)

See you all there!