MX Tracking Software

Mcdub76

Hey folks,

I did a search, but came up dry.

I'm looking for a program to track maintenance (and inventory) for a company that operates MD500's and Bell 407's across 3 different bases. In the past, we used SkyBooks which does everything as far as actual MX tracking, but they don't do work orders or purchase orders. The worst thing about them is how slow the program works. Every time you click a field with the mouse, it thinks for a few seconds. If you're changing an engine and all the subcomponents, then it takes so long that it logs you out for inactivity before you finish.

We started to switch to AvTrak (Camp systems) but they don't seem to be very Rotorcraft friendly. Their Cycles are linked to Landings and they don't have fields to track RIN or Torque Events. Some of our components are tracked solely by RIN, so this creates a problem for us.

Anyone around these forums use software that will fit our needs? So far, my own spreadsheets are the best way for component tracking, but we've increased our fleet by 3 birds in 2013 (10 total) and it's a pain keeping them organized.

We use CAFAM, not the greatest out there but also not the most expensive.

We use it for fixed wing but I am sure it will be fine for rotary. The designer is open to modifying it to suit your needs.
We use it to control all our stock, purchases, issues, and all the maintenance events.
As for speed, one of our guys was accessing it from USA via the internet while we are in Malaysia and he said it worked just as fast as if you are sitting right in front of it. It also has the capability to run more than one location.

I once worked for a company that used Russel Adams software, which is far superior to anything I have used before or since but you need to be a millionaire to purchase it.