GBA ArrowHawk Gyroplane

PTKay

Gold Member
Aircraft
Socata Rallye
http://www.groenbros.com/gbanews.php

GROEN BROTHERS AVIATION INTRODUCES ARROWHAWK GYROPLANE AT AIR SHOW CHINA IN ZHUHAI

Salt Lake City, Utah – November 15, 2010 – Groen Brothers Aviation, Inc. is pleased to announce the introduction of the GBA ArrowHawk Gyroplane, which is shown as a full-scale model at China’s premier Air Show in Zhuhai, Guangdong Province. The ArrowHawk reflects the latest technology from GBA’s 24 years of designing safe, high performance rotor wing aircraft.

The ArrowHawk has been designed to help meet the growing international demand for affordable runway-independent aircraft. Powered by a 700 hp turbine engine, the aircraft has vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) capability, comfortable seating for 7 people including pilot, 297 km/hr cruise speed, and a range of 1,145 km.

Last edited:
More:

http://airlines.einnews.com/pr-news...rowhawk-gyroplane-at-airshow-china-in-zhuhai-
MOD-6814_GBAArrowHawk-AirshowChina2010.jpg

Yea, I was at the Zhuhai Air-Show last week. I dropped by to say howdy to the Groen Bros too.

Got to see a few Russian and Chinese manned-aircraft targets flying in some air-show maneuvers. Reminded me a lot of a Saturday at the Chino California airport museum, but that stuff is newer....hehehe

Nothing new or exciting at the show, except for the Aurora two-place airplane. Thats the company I'm working with is building, nice airplane in fact.

Nothing at all new in the fixed-wing or rotary-wing UAV field there, all like 20 year old stuff. Pretty dusty. I took pictures, I'll see if I can get some time to post a few.

But all and all a good beginning for Chinese air-shows. I'll be displaying some of my stuff there next time.

Attachments

• Its a dogs life. But someone has to do it!!.jpg
    Its a dogs life. But someone has to do it!!.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Bomber.jpg
    Bomber.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Drone.jpg
    Drone.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Nightmare.jpg
    Nightmare.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 0
  • God Bless China!!.jpg
    God Bless China!!.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 0
Good looking LSA.

Attachments

• Aurora LSA_1.jpg
    Aurora LSA_1.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Aurora LSA_2.jpg
    Aurora LSA_2.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Aurora LSA_3.jpg
    Aurora LSA_3.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 0
I would like to see them begin offering the SparrowHawk and RAF conversion kits again, guess thats just small potatos to them now.

Stock options

Stock options

Looking at the latest listing, GBA stock is selling for .02 to .04 cents per share. Who's the next ________?

JW Wright

In my opinion, Groen Brother's spends way too much time and money on prototype after prototype, in an array of models and all of their various mockups. After all these years, not one viable marketable model has been produced. It is high time that group coalesced on ONE model and brought it to market….make some money and then focus on the next model until its completion, etc…..

Astonishing 24 year survival!

Astonishing 24 year survival!

Groen Brothers has been in business since 1986 and developed a corporate culture based around research and development rather than production and marketing.

24 years in business suggests it works for them.

They don’t show much in the way of profits but just making payroll for 24 years is an accomplishment.

According to the financials, the SparrowHawk kit experimental gyroplane cost Groen Brothers almost twice as much to build as the selling price for each one they sold. I suspect that would make it less motivating to manufacture these kits than a profit although they are claiming that it was a profitable venture in the hopes of selling it to someone.

I am astounded at their many offerings. They seem to be a cornucopia of gyroplane fantasy.

I am amazed at the amount of debt they are able to carry.

It is a remarkable business model. They operate outside of anything I have experienced.

I admire their continued survival.

Thank you, Vance

Vance...

Vance...

"am astounded at their many offerings. They seem to be a cornucopia of gyroplane fantasy.

It is a remarkable business model. They operate outside of anything I have experienced.

I admire their continued survival."

Now Vance I think that is the funniest post I have ever seen you make!
"I don't care who you are, that's funny right there!"
Ben S

"am astounded at their many offerings. They seem to be a cornucopia of gyroplane fantasy.

Ben S

Well said.

David continues to dream big!

David continues to dream big!

Hello Ben and Mark,

I was not trying to be funny.

I have listened to some of David’s presentations and it was easy to get caught up in his passion for gyroplanes even if it sometimes factually inconsistent.

I have a lot of respect for anyone who can make payroll for 24 years and maintain an expensive facility. At one time he was supporting two expensive facilities.

Being a business enthusiast I have tried to understand their business model.

Most of my gyroplane flight training was in a modified RAF or a SparrowHawk at their facility in Buckeye, Arizona.

Some people have expected more than David could deliver and have come away feeling bamboozled.

Most of the SparrowHawk dealers didn’t do well with their investment.

They are a publicly traded stock with a lot of SEC rules and accepted accounting practices to follow.

Somehow he is able to carry more debt than the value of the company assets.

David continues to dream of gyroplanes becoming mainstream and efficient and shares his dream with others.

I feel I would be stifled under the pressure of red ink and disenchanted investors.

Thank you, Vance

That Arrowhawk looks pretty sweet to me. I sure wish them every success in the world. If they are able to bring a commercially successful Gyroplane to market, it would sure do good things to the reputation of our sport and add some good credibility to the gyroplane concept. Granted this isn't a machine many of us will ever be able to afford, but if it helps the world to see gyroplanes as a credible aircraft choice, that will be good for all of us.

China would certainly seem a good market for GB to try and open up with what looks like a brand new product in this one size/range/seating capacity. And given where it's being made will probably be hard to beat in cost.

Massive potential for growth, keen for new ideas, little or no competition in this field, plenty of money and probably not too much danger in the way of product liability.

indeed....

indeed....

The American taxpayer probably made most of their payroll.

they have acquired a lot of grant money over the decades to develop a lot of dubious technology with real world applications. Once the cheese was gone after the "big cheese" paid themselves hand$omely so was the project and their employees. but so is the billions we allow our government to squander down every rat hole pipe dream project, and bridge to no where.

J

knowing how to use the system, or abuse it.

knowing how to use the system, or abuse it.

Tom Milton is correct, GBA sucked a lot of money out of the USA gov..
It seems to me, that not only have government workers learned how to use the system, but that they are able to get their own children and relatives into the system. And now the military industrial complex has made the system accountable to them, instead of the other way around.

JW Wright

PS. A couple of years ago I posted how the Board of Directors bonuses
to themselves were "mischievious". Look it up, they continued.
Very unfair and immoral to the stock holders.

Ben S

Funny but sad ! I liken them to the Groaning Bros, still groaning after all these years and someone is paying but its not likely Mr Groen, you cant keep a business open spending money and not be selling anything and will this "Arrow Hawk " ever get off the ground ....except by a hoist ??? or was that spelt heist ??

Funny

Funny

Funny but sad ! I liken them to the Groaning Bros, still groaning after all these years and someone is paying but its not likely Mr Groen, you cant keep a business open spending money and not be selling anything and will this "Arrow Hawk " ever get off the ground ....except by a hoist ??? or was that spelt heist ??

Hey Brian, A little rain and some green feed around your place and you have all this time on your hands to come up with some good humour. I like it.

Graeme.