Please read this Disclaimer!!!

kolibri282

Disclaimer:
All documents shared here or links to documents are assumed to be in the public domain. Use of these documents are the responsibility of the reader not the Rotaryforum and are provided for entertainment purposes only. If you find a document here is not public domain please contact the web administrator or the administrator of the "Technical Papers, Books & Publications" section, the administrators will then take the appropriate action.

Last edited:
Whether or not we should have a disclaimer was a question I recently discussed with Mike and he agreed it might be a good idea to have one. I am far from being an expert in internet or copyright law so my thinking goes something along these lines: there are quite a number of individuals (lawyers) out there who make a living by squeezing money out of people who have - through sheer ignorance - violated one of the zillion legal rules that exist in some dusty juridical tomes. They use, amongst other things, the legal tool of a "written warning" (Ger: Abmahnung) to bleed others. I had tried to incorporate some defense against this but have recently been warned by another member of the forum that this might not be sufficient. I therefore try to improve on it since I feel responsible for this job of being one of those who run #84. To have or have not such a disclaimer may, from what little I know, well make the difference of winning or loosing a legal battle, of walking away with a smile or with your pockets emptied. My attempt is probably very dilettantish - and might even make things worse - so anyone who could improve the text is invited to contact me or the forum administrators or post to this thread. Even if this text is not well suited I see it as a start and hope to get enough support from the forum so that some day we can feel a bit safer when we see the vultures circling above us....;-)

Thanks,

Juergen

Last edited: