Wauchula New Years Fly-In

LOL you guys I never said it was me who wore the pants. The Queen has earned this right by sticking by me for 26 years .... So I am only paying my dues!!!! :)

Sorry you guys can't make it. I just finished cooking up a tripple batch of some award winning chilli. I'll have the crock pot going by lunch time on Thursday.

Hey Bud,
Hold down the fort I'll see ya Friday evening or Saturday morning.

I'll try and be there friday. Leaving the V.A. in a few hours.
I lived through it again, so you guys have to put up with me for abit longer!!
If my heart keeps this crap up I'll have to quit flying.

Jake

Jake

Jake,
DANG! am I glad your're OK! It's funny how we don't even think of how much we take for granted. Look forward to seeing you this weekend..........

Well my LT just called and sealed the deal. Gotta work new years eve so the senior guys can take off. Hm. Plus I'm saving for the Genesis! Sounds like you guys are gonna have a blast. Pics!!

poop. no Durango yet, still in the shop, so no tow vehicle...but temps hit the low 50's here so went flyin.

oh well

Last edited:
MAN... what an effort just to get free for a long weekend. I got broken airplanes everywhere, they gonna wait. 13 hours non-stop wrenchin today, just to get loose.
Got the ghetto van loaded, can't wait to get loaded too....:wacko:

Jake

Whats up Jake ? I didn't know you where down, Glad you'r ok !! I wondered why I haven't heard from you..

I hope you Guy's have a great time and fly safe as well... I look forward to Bensen Days, Just hope I can make it this year, work has been very hard on me this year, Got alot more Gray hair now....:yo:

whats awad gonna fly when he gets down? hope he gets some helmet cam footage! :puke:

whats awad gonna fly when he gets down? hope he gets some helmet cam footage! :puke:

I didn't go. Spent 3 days in Orlando in weather colder than what we usually have at home, in record crowds at the theme parks ( they even stopped letting people into universal the day we were there due to being filled to capacity.... when have any of the theme parks ever closed their doors ? Thats how crowded it was ) We didn't have any kind of lodging lined up, none of the hotels would even return calls other than the western, and that was too expensive in my opinion. It was too cold to want to tent camp, and no one with campers wanted to spare a bed for the night.... so I decided to just go home Thursday am. Did get to have a nice visit with Greg Spicola in Orlando while I was there, so that was nice.

I wonder how many people came this year? Sounds like alot of people didn't go that usually go. Probably was alot like Wrens was, where most of the usual people that come didn't bother to come.

I am hoping to make it to Bensen Days this year. We will see.....

I didn't go. Spent 3 days in Orlando in weather colder than what we usually have at home, in record crowds at the theme parks ( they even stopped letting people into universal the day we were there due to being filled to capacity.... when have any of the theme parks ever closed their doors ? Thats how crowded it was ) We didn't have any kind of lodging lined up, none of the hotels would even return calls other than the western, and that was too expensive in my opinion. It was too cold to want to tent camp, and no one with campers wanted to spare a bed for the night.... so I decided to just go home Thursday am. Did get to have a nice visit with Greg Spicola in Orlando while I was there, so that was nice.

I wonder how many people came this year? Sounds like alot of people didn't go that usually go. Probably was alot like Wrens was, where most of the usual people that come didn't bother to come.

I am hoping to make it to Bensen Days this year. We will see.....

Actually we had a very nice turn out. There were a few of the usual suspects missing but at the same time there were a few new faces. Quite a few machines for whats really just a club event. (13 if I am not mistaken) The weather was very cooperative. I hope someone will post some pics. We took a pretty good one with all the machines lined up and a pilot at each one.