CalumetAir Inc. apology

gyroplanes

FAA DAR Gyropilot
Aircraft
(1) Air Command, (1) Bensen glider project (1) Air Command 2 place kit, (1) Sycamore gyro
Total Flight Time
:mad:I'd like to apologize for the difficulty in communicating VIA PHONE for the last 3 months or so.

My phone company, AT&T, unbeknownest to me, records a voice mail instead of giving you a busy signal. The indication that I have messages should be a "pulsed" dial tone.
I have never gotten a pulsed dial tone.

I should have believed people when they said the left 4-5 messages (I got 1 or 2 on my answering machine, the others went into Ma Bell limbo) I assumed the callers were exaggerating. (as an angry voice mail receipient is inclined to do)

There were messages and orders from people all over the world (many from the forum) 157 in total. To erase them, I had to listen to every one. It took hours.

To make it an even more "perfect storm" of lost communications. I have been working extra hours in the shop so I could take my first family vacation since taking over Wunderlichs 2 1/2 yrs ago. I also have to prepare for Mentone in a few days. While I was on vacation, my "voice mail" box filled up AND my answering machine started cutting people off mid-sentance (it's getting old).

I thought it was important enough to take the time to let you all know what happened. SORRY!

Thank you...

Thank you...

I was beginning to feel like I had the cooties.
Ben S
(take your time/vacation and call me when you can)
928-305-9800

Are ya ready to give up on "Ma Bell" after all the hassle. There must be a better way.

See ya at Mentone.

If you have package that includes x amount of features they probably added the voicemail feature the last time you talked to a rep. I go on a lot of trouble calls where people report a funny noise on their line and it turns out to be the stuttered dial tone for voicemail. The customers usually do not know it was added to their line. It doesn't cost them extra since it's a feature that's included in their package but it does cause a lot of aggravation.

Land lines still have a place even with all the other technology. We have customers switch over to their Cable companies for phone service and then have us re-connect a land line as a backup because their phone service through the cable company keeps cutting off. A lot of monitored alarm systems will not work properly on VOIP systems. If you have VOIP phone service you lose your telephone if you lose electricity. POTS lines will still work. Down here in hurricane country losing power is a given.

hope you don't lose any of those BACKORDERS!

I was beginning to feel like I had the cooties.
Ben S
(take your time/vacation and call me when you can)
928-305-9800

I'm waiting for your engine serial number... right?
2 days before I get to Mentone. Vacation is over.
Tom

Remember the big picture, folks. Tom Milton is one of homebuilt rotorcraft's coolest "good guys." Cut him some slack -- and keep sending him money.