Inflation

Ernie_B

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Dominators
Total Flight Time
7K +
Due to the ever increasing cost of EVERYTHING, I will have to increase the cost of blades starting Sept.01 2010. the current increase will bring blade cost up to $1750.00 for 22 ft. disk and go up $100.00 per ft. to 28 ft.
SO, if anybody wants to save a little money, I can bring your blades to Mentone or ship them before Sept. 01! In order to bring to Mentone, you must pay for them in advance of me leaving on July 30 2010!
Sorry for the bad news!!!

Agreed. My 24' heavy blades are so smooth that I have to set an alarm clock to wake me up in time to land.

It must be nice to be one of only a few people that make or sell a product or service that people need.

I am still charging 1995 prices for my line of work, and if I tried to charge what I should charge due to inflation, I'd find a notice of cancellation in my mailbox right quick and I would be out of a job.

Ron,
What would you have him do when his suppliers raise the prices on Aluminum, Glue , and Brass? Should he eat this because someone thinks he shouldn't be able to make a living on their hobby? He still sells the cheapest quality made blades in the US. This is an expensive hobby and if you don't like the price increase try his competition I am sure you will find their prices still higher. By the way he has not increased prices on the blades in over two years. The glue price goes up every time he orders a new batch. Last batch was over 8K.

Last edited:
Mike, I understand.... not complaining about his prices, complaining that I wish in my industry I could just throw it out there that I am going to go up on my prices and not get fired.

i SPEND MY LIFE BUYING RAW MATERIAL for a company. SO to give you some figures alum. has gone up 40%. a pound to be extruded now is around $2.10 was $1.50 2009.

you can argue with the Mill if you buy a million pounds a year , but still you get a 20 to 30% increase. You can reduce process , setups. Even fire people and hire new one a minimum wages. But do we really want to mess with a proven product.

I see EB has given a 4 month notice and this in my business is too much of a heads up.

ChuckP