All cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing Co's

All_In

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Airgyro AG915 Centurian, Aviomania G1sb
Total Flight Time
Gyroplane 70Hrs, not sure over 10,000+ logged FW, 260+ ultralights, sailplane, hang-gliders
I got my first telemarketing call yesterday.

Note: Not sure if the number below is to block solely California phone #'s for 5 years or all of yours. It says it is National.

PASS THIS ON!!!!!!!

REMEMBER: Cell Phone Numbers Go Public this month.
REMINDER..... all cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies and you will start to receive sales calls.

.... YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS

To prevent this, call the following number from your cell phone: 888-382-1222.
It is the National DO NOT CALL list It will only take a minute of your time.. It blocks your number for five (5) years. You must call from the cell phone number you want to have blocked. You cannot call from a different phone number.

HELP OTHERS BY PASSING THIS ON. It takes about 20 seconds.

https://www.donotcall.gov/default.aspx

Please forward to family and friends.

The numbers are not being released. That rumor has been bouncing around the web for years, and it is not true. Your registration on a phone number will never expire. The "do not call" government website will confirm that.

Telemarketers are getting braver and risking breaking the rules. Just go to that same website and report them if they do.
https://complaints.donotcall.gov/complaint/complaintcheck.aspx?panel=2

Thanks for the heads up Jon!

It was an email from a friend so you never know.

The number did work, although I did register years ago for them not to call me.

When I saw the email and having just received the 1st telemarketing call I've ever received I assumed this must be the reason and registered again.

Thanks for the real information Larry.

I love this site!

If you haven't registered, this phone # will work!

If you get a telemarketing call do use the link Jon provided to report them or it will not stop!

Last edited:
Up here (Canada) there were also some scams that operated a fake "do not call list".

They provided a number for phone owners to register themselves on the "do not call list" , and soon those phone customers began receiving all kinds of marketing calls. It was a ploy to get everybodies number and it worked pretty good .

Some marketers now systematically phone every conceivable number in an area code and reach everybody including unlisted numbers.

The phone companies are also complicit in all this , it was them who , in the early days sold their phone customer lists (for thousands and thousands of dollars) to the telemarketers. They were computer generated lists sent electronically , we often think marketers sit with a phone book in front of them , not so , they work off a list provided by (sold by) the phone company themselves.

Then the phone company tries to sell you call display and call screening and message systems to help you cope with the hassles. Of course these options cost you an additional monthly fee.

Speaking of phone companies and communication companies ..... have you ever tried to "communicate with them ???? ..... nearly impossible , they hide behind dealers or have somebody in the third world try to answer your questions in a language you do not understand.

I bought my first teleplone in 1964 and it was for my convenience and for my benefit. It worked pretty good for the next 30 years until telemarketers came along. Now we do not even answer our business phone any more , it rings all day long , we simply check our messages and reply back to customers or suppliers , ignoring the rest.

The phone companies were the biggest promotors of call centers and telemarketing , they are the biggest cause of our problems and we pay them monthly , the day I can sever myself completely from my phone company , I think I will go dancing in the streets. I feel much better now that I got that off my chest :)