Catfish Bought a Trike...

Congratulations MJ and Catfish! I absolutely love flying together with Joe----it's great to share those moments as they happen---every wildlife siting, interesting landscape, cloud formations, you name it. It's very different than flying alone.

Be safe and have fun!

MJ,
Tell Mr. Fish to be carefull and stay away from the strutted wings. A very good friend of mine Ron Messer was killed in April when his trike wing snapped in flight. Looks like the spar failed. He only had 40 hours on the wing and had been flying trikes for 4 years. He had one hard engine out landing the week before. I read some posts on a trike forum and looks like they pretty much say to stick with the wings that are supported by a post and wires.
I have to say I felt quite guilty at first because when Ron was first looking to get into flying I convinced him to get a trike if he didn't want a gyro. I also rode in that trike a couple of times, although not under that wing. I loved flying it. It was a blast. get to go flying and get a good upperbody workout at the same time. Good luck and God bless.