Sightseeing & Stop and Goes with Kim

willisbr

Aircraft
Maule MT7-235; RAF 2000 (sold)
YouTube - RAF 2000 - Brian and Kimberly Flying (2)

Kim and I got our second flight in yesterday. We stayed local and flew around some neat areas best seen from above. The weather was nice. Winds a bit squirly. Wind favored runway 36 or 6 depending on which sock you looked at. I finally made a decision to backtaxi and get over to 6. I practiced a prerotated taxi onto the runway and in moments we were off. Pretty uneventful. Felt like a real pilot. Hm. We took off around noon and flew around the local plant and winding rivers. I have been staying local lately until our new fuel tank arrives.

After we got some sightseeing out of the way, we did some low flight infield and a lot of takeoffs and landings. The video is a bit deceiving in that we actually stopped half way through to refuel. As soon as I came to a full stop Kim asked, "are we done?!" You may hear her in the video giggling or giving me small praises when I nail a feather touchdown. I will be working on getting a y-jack for intercom audio. Every five minutes she's telling me how beautiful it is up there and how much fun she's having.

All in all, I made Kim laugh and smile...mission accomplished!

Enjoy the pics and video.

That's what it is all about, enjoying each other and doing the things that you love to do.

This is what Tami and I are looking at right now. I rather be flying and taking pictures.
Doug S.

Attachments

• IMG_5305.jpeg
    IMG_5305.jpeg
    65.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5324.jpeg
    IMG_5324.jpeg
    54.6 KB · Views: 0
Beautiful Doug. We will be in Vermont next month trying to get some of that action.

I talk when I fly. Telling Kim what I'm doing and why. She's prepared and is getting an idea of how everything works. Teaching her and keeping my memory and attention sharp. Maybe one day I'll be a CFI.

Brian

Smiles and support make flying a greater pleasure.

Liked the shadow signs at the end.

Glad you have your favorite co pilot to share all this with.

Mark

Last edited:
I like the gangsta shadow signs at the end!

Kim looking pretty cute, she got a twin sister that likes Dominators?

Now that's what I'm talking about it doesn't get any better than sharing the entire ride of life with your spouse!!

@Ron
Your wife is a doll, and one of the sweetest women I've ever met!! What you talk'n about Willis?

I was going through my phone and noticed Kim had messaged my dad just after we landed. Huge smile to my face. Pics attached.

Attachments

• IMG_1943.jpg
    IMG_1943.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1945.jpg
    IMG_1945.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 0