Not happy....

Aussie_Paul

A reforming stirrer!!!!!
Aircraft
None at the moment.
Total Flight Time
Since 1982 Gyro 5000+ mostly instructing, and approx. 200 fixed wing in the late 1960s.
Last night I answered the phone and a guy called Paul was on the other end and sounded like he was a long lost friend. He asked about PAL-V training as my name was on a website. I told I was retired and that although there have been several one offs made they are not really practical. Anyway I wished him well.

Early this morning while I was still sleeping the phone goes again. I had to scurry to make it to the phone to be greeted by my long lost friend from last night!!!! He wanted more info and was a little annoyed that I did not want to get involved. He again said about the web site and said there was also an instructor on the west coast of Australia. I asked who and he told me his name. This guy died from Cancer quite a few years ago!!! I asked him for the web address and he told me to Google PAL-V. I did that and found that my name is being used without my permission. All I need is a lot of "off with the pixies" dreamers to spoil my now relaxed lifestyle!!!! ;) :peace:

http://pal-v.com/licenses/flightschools/australia/

Aussie Paul. :)

Attachments

• PALV.jpg
    PALV.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 0
I don't think the Pal-V company has ill intent. Looks like they simply put up a page to give people info on instructors and used old data from somewhere.

I got an email from a guy who went to the same Pal-V website asking me for information about the Pal-V. I emailed him back basically the same information Paul did.

I would prefer my name not be on the website but it's really not that big a deal to me.

It is a way to keep interest going and the contacts will be better informed!
Marketing plot, you should get some out of it!
Heron

Paul,

I suspect that if you contacted them and asked them to remove your name they would be happy to do so. But whether or not you go to the bother to do that, don't let it ruin your day or cause you to be "Not Happy". Life is just too short to get bothered by all the little inconveniences that come our way. Be glad that you are alive and that you have a "relaxed lifestyle" to worry about protecting. Have a great day!

Paul,

I suspect that if you contacted them and asked them to remove your name they would be happy to do so. But whether or not you go to the bother to do that, don't let it ruin your day or cause you to be "Not Happy". Life is just too short to get bothered by all the little inconveniences that come our way. Be glad that you are alive and that you have a "relaxed lifestyle" to worry about protecting. Have a great day!

Doug, my post was really tongue in cheek stuff. I will contact their Webmaster and explain. I don't let too much ruin these "post accident" days!!!!

Aussie Paul :)

Last edited:
Hey, Maybe you can talk them into giving one of the PAL-V for free for training and to keep.