Group Picture December 2010 Meeting

jcarleto

Aluminum Supporter
Aircraft
Beech Bonanza G-35 N4638D/"The Bulldozer" 2-Place Gyroplane N575EE
Total Flight Time
Several
Chapter 56 has its Christmas Dinner meeting at our December get together. Weather knocked down the attendance a bit, but here is a group shot of some of the "usual suspects." Unfortunately, the shot including wives, girlfriends, et al, did not come out.

Left to right, starting with the front row:

1. Robert Rymer (RobRotor)
2. Trell Norton
3. Bud O'Neal (BUD ONEAL)
4. Dave Prater
5. Ron Iaconis (Ron Iaconis)
6. Jim McDonald
7. Billy Steward (billygyro)
8. George Goff (ggfirestar)
9. Jon Carleton (jcarleto)
10. Lewis Gulley
11. Stanley Boyd

Not pictured (because he was snapping the shot): Gary Weaver

Attachments

• Chapter56Xmas2010.jpg
    Chapter56Xmas2010.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 1
What a handsome group of GyroNuts!
Much better looking than Chapter 13!

Hey I know many of those guys!!!
What a fun group, NICE!!

Jon, Thanks for posting the pic.

Now thats what I call a great Bunch of Gyro Guys..

I had a good time and looking forward to the next event.

Yeah, it is a great group. All those pictured are gyro owners and are or have been active gyro pilots. That pretty much goes for the bulk of Chapter 56. Most of our group are flyers. Even the ones who didn't come this time most likely chose not to because it was not good flying weather.

I believe Chapter 56 has one of the highest percentages of owner/pilots to non-flying members. One day I'm going to have to add up the total gyro flight time of our membership, just for grins.

Steve,

Yep. You know "where we live." Next one is Saturday, March 5, 2011.

Scott Essex told me his plans to come got sidetracked. You two need to carpool...or copter-pool. :D We need to get a rope around that NE Atlanta bunch as well. Lots of gyronauts around this area if you can wrangle them all together.

I think we need to work on another Flyin like Wrens or something at the same airport where we meet. Great place to have one with lots of room.

I think Jon should organize it !:peace:

Awww! I missed another one. I hope to see you all in March! I have been working on my Gyro Plans, and started training with Larry Banks. Still trying to decide what I am going to build, maybe a honeybee G2!?

We got another new guy interested in gyros

We got another new guy interested in gyros

Hey We all may have another new gyro guy that has been flying helicopters for a long time and has since hung up his chopper blades and is now considering a gyro,,,,he lives near us and the Rome chapter,,,,,his nickname is " CHOPPER "
lets all give him a warm welcome and all invite him to our March 5th meeting!

How far from Pensacola? I'm wanting to get in with a group and the southern Florida guys seems a bit too far for me more than twice a year.

Rome is in the NW corner of Georgia about halfway between Atlanta and Chattanooga, TN. It is a bit of a hike from Pensacola, but our meetings are only once per quarter. We have members from Alabama, Georgia, and Tennessee who all make the trek.

We'd love to have you!