Bensen Days 2011

That's funny how you get used to The temps. Yes Stan, 50 deg here is cool, Up where you are, everyone hops on their motorcycle. My Son is in Alaska, He said it was up to 30 degrees and all the guys were outside in T shirts.....

Regarding Bensen-Days; MAN, I am amazed, and relieved it is that time of year already.
I have come to realize that time really does speed up as you grow older.
My life has become immersed in aviation, averaging 50 hours a week fixing airplanes.
I am ready to chill out and hang at Wauchula. I am looking forward to seeing all the
gyronaughts, and funky mosheens.

Regarding Bensen-Days; MAN, I am amazed, and relieved it is that time of year already.
I have come to realize that time really does speed up as you grow older.
My life has become immersed in aviation, averaging 50 hours a week fixing airplanes.
I am ready to chill out and hang at Wauchula. I am looking forward to seeing all the
gyronaughts, and funky mosheens.

Chill out? Hang? Man, you are the V.P. of CHapter26 remember? I'm coming down just to make sure you are fulfilling your duties...

My 11TH Bensen Days, and no plans to ever miss one. I do think it would be cool to plan a group flight an hour or so away for lunch or something. I burned out the locale at New Years.:bored:

Scatt, my man. You better attend, you are one of the 'Elders', having flown/done it all some 15 years ago! (Ole Fart) It's cool, I will wait up for you, the 'Missfit' will fly quite slow...:boink:

I started coming to Bensen Days in 2005. I can't believe this is my 7th Bensen Days. Stan

The "Dan goes to Bensen Days" video has just been posted on the PRA B-days page.

If you have not seen this video you owe it to yourself to check it out.

I don't know how long it will stay posted because we got a warning from EMI music that some of their material is in the video.

http://www.pra.org/pra/default.aspx?p=BensenDaysInfo&i=31

Check it out!

Great vids Tim, and it's still up.

Bensen Days Already??.....Ok, Here are the deal. I have one hangar available. Maybe 2. First come first serve.

Hangar fee $10/night
Camping Fee for those that get there before and stay after $10/night
Jim's Daycare service $150/child +12pack of Coors Light Bottles. This MUST be paid in advance...:sorry:

I will also have a tent setup in front of my house selling Jack Links beef jerky. All proceeds go back to the airport, So show your support :)

Other than that...See you all in April.:peace:

Looking forward to making down there... and after long discussion..w/ wife and daughter! Any kinda deal on 9 month olds that can't move very fast? Can I at least split the beer w/ ya? Seriously though is the daycare for real? Just wondering if that is how Scott has made the event family friendly :noidea:

We are bringing our nine year old and nine month old so yall be sure to mosey on over to our RV with your little one. My wife would love that. :)

We are bringing our nine year old and nine month old so yall be sure to mosey on over to our RV with your little one. My wife would love that. :)

GREAT! My daughter will be 10 mos (born June 6) at the event and happy to see her have a playmate!

Side Note: We actually took the advice of someone here and rented a trailor from that Meachums guy for wed-sat... We were lucky to get a 10 amp spot and hopefully get bumped up to a full hook-up site so long as two spots become available to get to us on the waiting list. Wife and I thought staying on the field rather than a hotel would be way to go rather than commuting back and forth between the hotel w/ baby and all. AC would be nice but not needed...usually pretty comfy at night.

Last edited:
I am saying it now.... I ain't in the mood for a bunch crap at or following Bensen Days..... It costs way too much in time and money ( especially with gas at way over 3$ a gallon ) to go to the efforts to go there to enjoy myself to have the experience all ruined. I am older, wiser, and I don't think I will give anyone reason to bother about me anyway, but I am saying right now, I ain't in the mood for it no more.

Saying all that, my and Kasey will be there mid week through Friday evening.

Last edited:

Ron,
I've known bad hombres in my life but you ain't one of them.
I know, though, of whom you speakl The pit-yorkies nipping at your heels, annoying but, in this case, destructive at the same time.
The hangar where the Morons frequent is not all that exciting but you'll have one supporter there. C'mon over and pull up a chair. And........everything that happens or is said at the hangar..........stays at the hangar.
And SCR3W everybody else.
(BTW, every old fart - almost - knows just what you're talking about).