Another Mac Attack with Good Results.

Nice Video, nice electric starter set up as well. Thanks for posting.
Mark,
is that pilot from here?

No,he is from N.O.L.A but lives in Texas City,Tx.He is a unlimited ship captan and a was a F1 race car driver in his young days.I have also flown from that air strip,I know the powerline he missed,just wonder how he got the gyro out.....lots of fences in there.

The landing appears to be a fairly hard and looking at the approach it looks as though he may have slowed up some and flared too low or didn’t have quite enough energy to make a smoother landing. In this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDDDlTQsydA the approach appears to have more forward speed. The touchdown is light as well.

Still this was a great landing!

I have read here on this forum the dangers of bunting over in a HTL gyro...due to a severe downdraft that many pilots have reported hitting. Having such a severe downdraft as a case against the dangers of a HTL bunting over were very valid. Now...it seems here it wont happen ! To even suggest that its ok forgetting to have your seatbelt on is ludicrous. Of course 99.9% of the time you dont need one...but what about the guys that have reported their shoulder straps holding them in???

Stan

yea Stan I was thinking the same thing BIRDY has reported this in his type of flying

I could be wrong but it looks like the cylinders are turned up and to the front, if they were turned up and to the back the shrouds would not fit back wards like they are, and if you somehow got them to fit it would be blocking the exhaust.

looks like he got it down good.

When I took the engine off it had the exhaust faceing down. He took the engine home to clean up,I also gave him a new set of rings. When he brought the engine back the exhaust was still down.The gyro left and I haven't seen it till this video was posted. He did not have any cans for it when it left,he must have gotten them and changed the cylinder to face up and forward.I haven't a clue why this was done.Not sure if he got the wrist pin in the correct way when he turned the cylinder either.I know the engine ran fine when I took it off. The engine also had a CDI from Rick on it.

When I took the engine off it had the exhaust faceing down. He took the engine home to clean up,I also gave him a new set of rings. When he brought the engine back the exhaust was still down.The gyro left and I haven't seen it till this video was posted. He did not have any cans for it when it left,he must have gotten them and changed the cylinder to face up and forward.I haven't a clue why this was done.Not sure if he got the wrist pin in the correct way when he turned the cylinder either.I know the engine ran fine when I took it off. The engine also had a CDI from Rick on it.

You folks who are so quick to criticize the ol' Mac should read the above carefully. That is a classic case of what GyroJake sez; "The biggest problem is the guy with the tool box!":whip:

I have too agree with you Pete, I have 162 hours and the only engine out that I have had so far is my fault, live and learn. I think with the proper build and maintenance the Mac can give good service.