Apology to mentone attendees

just to set the record straight

just to set the record straight

This "event" that happened at the Best Western Share a Bed Motel has to be corrected. Here ae the facts ...as I recall........errrhhhmmmmmmmm

Vance, Gabor, Tim Chick and I are cheapskates when it comes to paying motel rates. We rented a room with two double beds. Hmm.. I have always had no problem having my own bed, but if it can be shared with someone good looking like Gabor....bring it on!

Vance insisted on keeping his squeeky clean image pure, so he took one of the whole beds and kept it all to himself. Tim curled up on the floor and just slept with himself. That left one double bed and two big hulking guys.

Gabor and I tend to get a lot of energy off each other. We finally settled down for the evening as Vance was trying to get some sleep. Picture this....it was dark in the room.....silent.....then Gabor reaches overhead and behind him and latches on to the headboard. He soon found the resonance frequency of the headboard as it was thumping away at the wall. I just said......"go ahead and finish" there was a two second silence....and out of Vances dark corner , he uttered "WOW" We all had a good laugh at went to sleep.

In the morning Vance looked at my feet and said "You have nice toenails" .

I decided never to share a bed with Vance.

The above is totally true...but some will deny it.

Stan

Gentlemen,

This thread wasn't to bash Vance! I had just wanted to apologize to the man whose dinner I spoiled because of Vance. I can deal with people like this and all of the bad feelings they may have toward people like me. I think he should feel accomplished about his weight loss and not try to scorn other who are afflicked with same problem he has overcome. His warrior comments were also very painful to me who has spent time in combat but especially because I had to write the letters to gold star families.

Paul, there is no winners or victors in this event...I was wrong in the things I did, not Vance. It was my bad behavior and my apology still stands to the poor guy that I strong armed thinking it was Vance at the banquet. NUF SED!

P.S. I think some of you guys are enjoying this tooooo much, lol.

Oh I see Stan that is your story now huh? All I can say ever since that night Vance keeps at least 6 feet of distance from me and never walks directly in front of me. Tim is always bringing his own folding bed and Stan calls me twice a day and sends gifts for my birthday. You guys figure out the rest! "that's all I have to say bout' that"

This is just getting better and better .
So much for the apology .

Man...................... I'm glad I logged on to read this! Stan, you just about had me peeing in my pants.

Joe, thanks for your service and sacrifice. I'm sure by now you've figured out that Vance would never have knowingly offended or attacked you. I applaud you for posting your apology and I'm sure it has been accepted by all of us. I hope you will continue to be part of this awesome group.

Last edited:
...Vance has treated me with respect (to my face).
I will speak with Vance and see that you get your goat back.

Ha ha!

I reckon Tom takes the cake for "best one liner!" :D

and one of the things I like about this forum - this was well handled by all .. there are a lot of gentlemen in here.:peace:

Hey.....can anyone tell my how to get someones goat? I will answer this if no correct responses..

Stan

There is a guy around here that rents goats.
For brush and land clearing.
And partys.

How do you get someones goat? You watch where he tied it up at.

wa wa waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Stan

Who would tell?
This has turned to be one of the best threads about Mentone 11 . . .
. . .and I did not have to input any silly codes in it!
Heron
the goat thing is getting a little too funny