Passenger Waiver

I agree with Tim's last post on this.

Steve,

If you have a 2 place (or more) Experimental gyroplane you can take all the passengers for rides that you want to and you can even train all the passengers so long as you do not accept $$ for the ride / lesson.

To my knowledge, you can accept $$ for 1/2 of the fuel and maintenance for the hours flown.

To my knowledge, you can accept $$ for 1/2 of the fuel and maintenance for the hours flown.

Unfortunately you can not with an experimental aircraft. It states in the operating limitations "can not be used for compensation or hire". Reimbursement for 1/2 the fuel and oil is compensation.

The EAA had an online article that addressed this issue a few weeks ago. I had always thought the same thing.

Unfortunately you can not with an experimental aircraft. It states in the operating limitations "can not be used for compensation or hire". Reimbursement for 1/2 the fuel and oil is compensation.

The EAA had an online article that addressed this issue a few weeks ago. I had always thought the same thing.

Chuck is 100% correct.

This is a common misconception. The 'shared expenses' allowance is verbiage in your PILOT cert regs. This allowance is blocked if the flight is conducted in an Experimental Amateur Built aircraft.