Annual gathering Bois de la Pierre

Aircraft
Total Flight Time
Bonjour à tous

During our annual gathering in the village Bois de la Pierre (FRANCE) we attended has a demonstration of the last gyrocopter MAGNI M16 by the French importer Mr. Eric CHANGEUR I propose you the link to share with you this demonstration

YouTube - ‪eric changeur demo bois de la pierre 2011‬‏

I like has to specify that contrary has that we could believe the wind was very low this day

Cordial greetings
Gérard

Hello,

This video has raised some discussion in the German forum. Although the wind sack seems to be limp it is simply impossible to start a Magni without wind like that. Later we see Eric standing still in the air, thus proving that there was plenty of wind.
Still it is a great video, showing Eric's expertise.

Kai

The wind gradient must have been quite high! :eek: impressive video!

Hello,

This video has raised some discussion in the German forum. Although the wind sack seems to be limp it is simply impossible to start a Magni without wind like that. Later we see Eric standing still in the air, thus proving that there was plenty of wind.
Still it is a great video, showing Eric's expertise.

Kai

The flag at the ...

The flag at the ...

lower left hand corner at the beginning is flapping pretty hard.
Ben S

Even from the clouds you can understand that it was windy day and (I am sure you know the name and how these clouds are build.)
Watch also the first down wind turn and the ground speed of the gyro.
Anyhow, Gyros are fascinating Gérard, with or without wind. Thanks for posting.

Hello dears Gyronautes

Effectively you're right there was wind, you will know all to say to me its speed by looking at the wind-sock of 18 " to 21 ", I would say 5 to 10 knots.
What allows this takeoff so short, it is especially the power of the prerotator who in this example launches the rotor to 310 t/mn, this speed is not reached every takeoff naturally, generally it is 220 to 230 t/mn

Gérard

Last edited: