Bensen Days 2011

(BTW, every old fart - almost - knows just what you're talking about).

I'm no old fart. Went once and already know exactly what he's talking about. Let's all just go have a great time. And if someone has an issue, take it to the source instead of wringing it out on a public forum like last year. Yuck. Hope to meet you this year Ron. Safe driving!

As long as we're venting, I'll also say. If someone FLYS to the fly-in and needs to be told of any rules that are different from normal operations. It'd be a good idea to (1) greet the person first, then advise of what they did that may have anoyed you, and (2)make damn sure, that if you are going to be arogant about it, that you weren't breaking the rules and reprimanded by the airport manager the day before.

I'm just saying, be tactful, or be right. Tactless and wrong comes across as petty.

Phil

You're right Mike.:)

I personally agree with all that as been said about acting like babies. Got a problem? Take it to the person right there and than or shut the hell up! Seriously! I'll bribe one of the mods to automatically delete the threads started after the event whining and crying about $iht that nobody gives a flying fu.....ton about! Let's all come act professional and have fun and don't piss into the tea afterward.... cause it ain't cool ya'll..... just sayin'!

Ohh...that was tea, was it? Geezz...I'm soooooooooo sorry. My bad. :(

In my defense, I never could get a really good glass of ice tea in Florida.

Jon, we will miss you here this year,sorry you can't make it.
I am bringing some tea, I think you'd like it....

I'm coming down to check on the autograph I left on the RW in '08. So there's no powered sites left? I need to bring a generator with me?

If I am reading the dates correctly Bensen Days is 6th -10th April.

Last year it ended on the Sunday and the banquet was on the Sat. But now it start on a Sunday and ends on the Thursday, so is the banquet on the Wed or the Thur?

And has been kindly pointed out below, I should first make sure what year the calander is. My Bad.

Last edited:
I don't know what calendar year you are using but the 6th is a Wednesday and the 10th is a Sunday. So same as last year. :)

OOOPs!!:eek:

Thank you Brian, it was an LAA year planner given to me down at the hanger because it has some websites and aerodrome details on it. Year not stated and obviously not 2011.

( especially with gas at way over 3$ a gallon )

Wait till ya get here, gas is $4.20 a gallon for 93 oct.
Might be a bit cheaper in Wauchula. Everglades City is always 10 to 20 cents more.

Ever notice that gas always goes up in the spring?

I've only got 150 mile ride so it's not that bad for me.

Twenty some B-Days, and they still let me on the feild, WOW talk about a forgiving bunch!! Then again I am Designated Bad Example. :D

Wait till ya get here, gas is $4.20 a gallon for 93 oct.
Might be a bit cheaper in Wauchula. Everglades City is always 10 to 20 cents more.

Ever notice that gas always goes up in the spring?

I've only got 150 mile ride so it's not that bad for me.

Twenty some B-Days, and they still let me on the feild, WOW talk about a forgiving bunch!! Then again I am Designated Bad Example. :D

makes it super tempting to just fly my titan down there. should be a 5 hour flight, at 4-5 gph. Plane holds enough gas to go there and back on a tank of gas. But then I'd get there and be bored

Ron- I have never been bored being a surface dweller at Bensen Days. I have a machine waiting for me at home...and I just enjoy watching everyone else fly and visiting with friends. Looking forward to 4 days of non boredom!!

Stan

I'm coming down to check on the autograph I left on the RW in '08. So there's no powered sites left? I need to bring a generator with me?

There are no full power (30 Amp) spots left. We do have 10 amp spots left and if you want you would be first on the waiting list in case of a last minute cancellation. Just send in your registration or in your case a rergistration with that note on it.

Hey morons! Currently in Atlanta and bound for Wauchula...be there hopefully round sixish...any way someone might be able to give me a call at 12192213954 and lemme know how I can get my gyro in a hangar? Or if someone has contact info for someone to call down there call or text it to me at that number..... Thanks and can't wait to see everyone!