EFI fuel pump question for 2.2 soob

Hi Brent!
I don't have the experience to answer your question.

But I've noticed that on week-ends most folks are out flying. It may take longer to get the pros back online to answer your question until Monday and they can respond from work?

Fuel pumps x2

Fuel pumps x2

Hi Brent,

A couple of questions for you! interesting!

Why are you wanting to use (2 )pumps if they are pushing out at 45 psi each?

Are these pumps going to feed a filter ? Make sure your filter can cope with the presure at over 45psi if you intend to exeed this presure! and what fuel lines at 45psi+?
Just another newbie! :angel:

regards G.

LAA. BRA.

Yes, I do. Be sure to check them one at a time during your preflight. If you lose one in the air at an inopportune time it will be a nonevent. You may not even notice your fuel pressure went from 50 to 45. At about 80 bucks each they're cheap enough that I think they should be replaced on a periodic basis, and not run to failure. I'm not sure what that time should be but I would imagine several hundred hours.

Like Steve I run both at take off then go to one. It is a non event if you lose one on take off but if the main goes out business pickes up. I had my main go off line in flight but when I put the aux and did my restart it worked immediately. I would have been in trouble if both had gone out.

fuel pumps x2

fuel pumps x2

Hi Brent,
you would see a drop in pressure because you are no longer overfilling the carbs!
Using 2 pumps you are placing over 80 psi into the system and at this pressure you are overfilling the carbs!(running Umbalanced)
Also i have seen the filters burst glass and plastic both inline filters at high presure along with fuel lines to that matter! check the PSI on the lines and filter this is why i was asking you in my first post!
I understand carrying 2 pumps 1 for an auxilary/ Back up!

But Just another newbie!
:tape:
regards G.

L.A.A B.R.A

Hi Scott,
Sorry i was under the understanding that the pumps was both pushing out 45psi and these must be inline pumps but if you have any help i am sure that brent would like to know any help with his thread would be good!
regards gary

Last edited:
gas will go from the seat tank to the filter to the pumps to a Y block to the engine. I will wire to so one pump can be shut off to preflight checks.

Attachments

• filter.JPG
    filter.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 0
  • pumps.JPG
    pumps.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 0
Ej2 pic

Ej2 pic

Hi I thought i would show people who dont know the EJ2 some lump!

Attachments

• suburu ej.jpg
    suburu ej.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 0