Extreme C-130

okikuma

This C-130 pilot (a one star general) really understands energy management and the limitations of his aircraft. After watching these maneuvers, I can see the maximum positive G loading must not have been greater than 2G (the 60 degree bank) and the power pushovers were down to zero G; all within normal operational limits of a stock C-130J. Notice the absence of the external wing tanks that most C-130s possess. Obviously for this demonstration, the wing tanks have been removed.

Sit back, hold onto your chair, and watch this amazing demonstration!

Make sure to watch the body language of the young co-pilot riding along.

Enjoy,

Wayne

http://www.military.com/video/aircraft/military-aircraft/c-130-performs-extreme-demo/1336078645001/

Great Video

That is taken at the Paris Air Show at the airfield at Le Bourget ( that's Paris France not Paris Texas....... )

The standard C-130J does not have external tanks - the tanker KC-130J version does however.

The Herk in this video is based at Ramstein, Germany with the 86 AW.

Cheers

Steve in UK

Hi Steve,

You're absolutely right about the J model not having external wing tanks. I grew up around the E & H model Herky Birds. My jaded memory automatically placed the tanks under the J model wings where there are none.

Wayne

Well all of the aircrafts audible annunciators appear to work .

Well all of the aircrafts audible annunciators appear to work .

I thought the same thing too, that "bitching Betty" sure works! :D

Very nice flying, and letting the crew know everything that is going on.

Now this looks like fun!!

Thank you Wayne!

Thank you Wayne!

Thank you for posting that Wayne, I found it instructive.

Because I don’t have a passenger I talk to myself that way when flying in an air show as I read my kneeboard instructions.

I tend to be less positive and often say; “this doesn’t seem to be working out!”

I feel like things are happening more quickly so I only get to pat myself on the back or admonish myself once or twice with each manuver.

Thank you, Vance