Blois 2013

Mike,
Thanks for the pics. I did not think Magni was going to go forward with the enclosed gyros. Did any have rear controls ? What about the Italian MW Fly engine, were there any gyros there with it ?
Thanks,
Randy

Wow, some lovely looking gyros. If those are enclosed Magni's they would seem to be quite an improvement.

This is a bolt on canopy for the M16 or M22 developed by a Frenchman. It sells for about 9000 euros plus tax (about 20% in europe). It includes bolt on additions to the tail surface and everything can be removed to to return the gyro to standard for summer flying or to sell. It also has a pilot-operated quick-release for the hinges in case of a rollover.
I sat in it (no that's not me in the photo) and it seemed very roomy and distortion free, but you'd need to fly it to really see if it created any optical effects. I may get to fly one in a couple of weeks but that depends upon a lot of things outside my control happening, so I wouldn't bet on it.
I don't know what Magni Snr thinks of it.
Randy
I didn't see any new engines on any of the gyros and I never thought to ask sorry.
Mike G