Dead Stick Take Off ?!?

I watched that dozens of times in the past few years. I sent everyone I know a link. It's great. It's a Highlander. There's several videos of him doing touch & go's on the peak of a mountain. He lands on the very peak in 20 feet, keeps his till in the air, stops, does a 180, and takes off in 50' down the mountain....repeatedly! GOOGLE Highlander mountain landing. Some people may call that wreckless, stupid, dangerous, any other number of adjectives...

But I call it awesome and that's the type of flying I seek out in my enjoyment of the sky. A little bit "Evil-Kneivel-Ly." That develops your flying skill so quickly...like drinking stick-n-rudder-water from a firehose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOZTzQrz014

Last edited:
That was a blast to watch and he sure was having a blast but make no mistake, he can dang well do it with out me in it :D

He is my newest customer, we are putting together a 150hp Yamaha package for a Highlander. He found me by simple web search, said we came up #2 or 3 on Google when he typed in Yamaha and aircraft, or something like that. He has a website, and builds and sells these as his livelihood. They are quite expensive, like $125k. He wanted to use a supercharged YG4 he found, but I gently persuaded him to stay away from anything fancy since the Mohawk Aero GT4 program is still in its infancy, and the PSRU I am working on is definitely breaking new ground. I thought I lost all my redrive engineering but was able to resurrect the computer it was on yesterday. My backup files were also corrupted and I thought I would be starting all over from scratch.

Whew.

THANK YOU www.bleepingcomputer.com!

Starting to get hits from scale Mustang builder groups, too. And a 3/4 Corsair guy. That's always been my intended target market, hotrod FW's. The day will come -hopefully - when you will see us running 300hp Mohawks weighing 170 pounds installed.

But for now, baby steps...let's get the PSRU proven at 150hp first.