FAA Builders Checklist

tonyutset

Wrench
Aircraft
MTO Sport, Beechcraft Sundowner / Flightstar II Ultralight / Air Command Commander, soon to be CLT.
Total Flight Time
500 Plus Fixed-Wing, 50 Plus Helicopter (EC-120 / Bell-47) 20 or so Gyrocopter
In preparing for my Gyrocopter build, I downloaded the latest FAA Gyroplane Experimental Aircraft Builders Checklist (Ver. 2011) from the PRA web site.

Those of you that have downloaded the file know that like many FAA forms it's in a PDF format. Depending on what version of Acrobat Reader you have, you may or may not be able to enter data into the fields. For those that can enter data, you quickly realize that the totals don't sum, nor do the percentages calculate, everything needs to be done by hand.

Being relatively fluent in Excel, I took the liberty of converting the form to Microsoft Excel, and programing in all the formulas' necessary for the form to automatically sum all the points, and generate the Am-Builders percentage.

I mentioned the spreadsheet to a couple of members on this forum and was requested to upload the spreadsheet for other members to take advantage of.

Good luck with your respective builds!

Attachments

• FAA Builders Checklist Gyrocopter Blank Instructions MSE-2003.xls
    117.5 KB · Views: 5
  • FAA Builders Checklist Gyrocopter Blank-MSE-2003.xls
    127 KB · Views: 5
Thanks Tony!

Thanks Tony!

Thanks Tony!

I had on my to-do list to email you back to get a copy.

Thanks for posting it for everyone! Yes... Excel skillz you have, sir!

Maybe they can make this into a Sticky Note or something. I think it would be a good resource to have readily available for all builders so that folks don't have to dig for it or happen upon it in the future.

Thanks again!
Mark