Jack Tiffany has Passed Away

Rick Whittridge

Gold Member
Aircraft
Bensen B8-M
Sad news to the aviation world, Jack Tiffany owner-restorer of the Pitcairn Auto Gyro has passed away Sat Oct 20. Jack built many award winning aircraft that debuted Oshkosh, Sun Fun, & many others. I was fortunate enough to help with the Pitcairn blade tracking. He was a good friend & will be missed.

Attachments

• Tiff.JPG
    Tiff.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4825.jpg
    IMG_4825.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4842.jpg
    IMG_4842.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 0
  • rsz_pics_126[1].jpg
    rsz_pics_126[1].jpg
    63 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4839.jpg
    IMG_4839.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 0
My condolences to you Rick, to his family, and friends on his passing.

I one time called him up on the phone and we chatted at length about the PA-18 he restored. You were the one that helped me get in touch with him.

What will be the status of the PA-18?

Wayne

Sorry to hear of his passing. Not only has his family suffered a great loss, the flying community has also suffered a great loss with his passing.

Sad news indeed. My condolences.

My condolences to you Rick, to his family, and friends on his passing.

I one time called him up on the phone and we chatted at length about the PA-18 he restored. You were the one that helped me get in touch with him.

What will be the status of the PA-18?

Wayne

The Pitcairn was sold to Kermit Weaks in FL. It will be added to his Museum collection. I was told he was checked out in the machine but has not flown it until he gets his gyroplane rating.

Thanks for letting us know Rick Whittridge ... I did not know Jack Tiffany personally .... but I always recognized he was one of the ... 'good old guys of aviation' .... and have followed his Pitcairn Auto Gyro passion through the years.

Some of his history has been preserved here and there on the internet .... I hope there will be a lot more preserved and kept permanently on line .

Guy's like Jack Tiffany do not fly past us very often in this world.

Nice pictures Rick.

Kindest thoughts to his family and close friends at this time.