Unemployment, What Happens When Our Troops Come Home?

M. Pearce

Gold Member
Aircraft
Presently building a fixed wing!
Total Flight Time
Just a few!
Hello,

I was thinking about this the other day, what happens when our troops come home?

Do they automatically get in line with everyone else or will they still be serving but on leave.

Will they automatically be added to unemployment rolls?

I sure hope our boys don't come home to find themselves dropped right in the middle of this mess we have.

I sure hope they don't come home only to find themselves standing in line for the "bird feed" our government has been feeding us.

I know they signed up for it and they were not forced to join the military but man they sure will be comming home to a different America than what they knew.

What do ya'll think they are gonna say when they find out what our goverment has been doing while they have been off fighting for others rights in Iraq?

On getting our troops home, I think the near future will be kinda interesting.

Just maybe, they are overseas for other unseen reasons?

Last edited:
Seems they will be just transferred to Afghanistan. Those that don't reenlist are going to have to try and find a job in this recession. And it looks like its only going to get worst, as they have double government spending programs and kept the war going too, and looks as if they are going to triple the debt by 2010! By 2012 Obama's war against the rich will be in full swing and most companies that don't sell services will be leaving the USA for a more capitalist countries with much lower tax rates. It's going to get real bad by 2012!

John,
More than likely your right but I sure hope not. The question about our troops is very real, what will they have to face? With the way the government is throwing money at the ones that mismanged what they had I don't see where there will be much room for the government to help our troops and there sure aren't many jobs to be had at this time.

This is not much of a prediction, actually it's more like reliving history! This is simply cause and effect in raising taxes on anything reduces or kill it's use.

Unfortunately I've seen this show before with Pres Carter, remember the unemployment and 21% interest rates and the very first batch of companies leave the USA forever!

This time it went on for much longer and is a much worse repeat of eliminating income checking requirements for loans in order to get the poor into housing and we ALL are going to have to pay this money back sometime.

The Dem's plans sounds so noble until the poor have to pay a real mortgage payment with imaginary income they had sworn they actually earned to the bank.

You only have to look at California = the same Obama's plans for the US where they take care of you from cradle to grave by raising taxes on businesses and the rich to pay for the hardworking poor and the lazy too without distinction.

As California has led the way for the Dem's plans of cradle to grave care they have increase taxes to pay for it all! So within two years Roar, Convair, General Dynamic, Hughes Aircraft, thousands of other companies, including myself left California forever seeking out more capitalistic states like Nev. and Az.

California is now broke and had to raise taxes, just like the US will be forced to when it implements income redistribution.

It's a global market!!

What would you do if you had worked 18 hour days for 15 years to build it and then your own government raised your taxes so that you become less profitable than your global competition.

It's not just the reduction of income that hurts it's the fact that your company is no longer as an attractive investment to the rest of the world either.
Increase taxes on any company and the earning to share ratio is reduced and the company is now not as an attractive investment to anyone but the government!

It means that less Americans and foreigners will invest in US companies as the government takes the biggest share of profits for itself to give to the poor which enables them to stay lazy and retired from birth has long as they don't mind living in poverty!

Sorry there just isn't any free lunch in life, ever. It hasn't worked in California, how do they think it would be any better solution for the entire country. Only services business have to stay here!!!!

Last edited:
Taking from those who have the will and desire to work to look after those who neither have the will nor desire acts merely as a disincentive to the first group and encourages the second to remain on their asses.

Jefferson. (Though perhaps not in quite those words.)

Here in the Hampton Roads area, former Military and their families are generally given higher priority by most hiring comapnies. If I weren't former military, my wife, a former department head in CA, probably wouldn't even have been able to get the secretarial job she has now.

There are about 142,000 troops in Iraq. The active duty guys will eventually come home but since they're active duty, they obviously still have a job. The guards and reserves are supposed to be able to move right back into the jobs they had before they were deployed. There are a few employers that weasel out of that obligation, but most behave responsibly. Some will go to Afghanistan. There are about 36,000 there, a much smaller force than Iraq, but it may almost double in the next year. About 100,000 less troops will be in Iraq by Aug. 2010 according to plan.

I agree with you 100% John. Cannot understand how the politians get it wrong when the subject is so basic.Over tax and you will destroy.
Kym.

Resasi,

I think O'Bama is looking for us to be one big tax payer funded front yard Bar-B-que party.

They tryin to make weed legal now.

Just wonderin when they gonna add weed to the food stamp program as a food group.

Maybe list it as a herb.

No, I think when our troops come home they are gonna be disapointed to no end.