Bensen Days 2008 event news thread

Scott: I am sure the spot landing will go off much smoother this year. Ol Ron is doing a good job and says the iternary will all be printed up.

Last year it was like herding cats trying to get lined up for the spot landing.

I will be doing the double hangtest at a time that Ron will post later. I would like to do Rons GyRonimo gyro ...and several others and send it in to Rick Gilley for a PRA article.

I was especially impressed with Mike Gaspards Bensen which came in at a mere one half inch high thrustline. I hope he hangs his again.

The double hangtest showed some good interest last year and several had their gyros CG located.

Anyway....looks like a lot of pre enthusiasm.....I sure am looking forward to it.

Stan

You should just go ahead a print my name on that award .. This year I will come to a full STOP

Sunstate Wants You

Sunstate Wants You

Sunstate is looking for volunteers for the big event the pay is cheap
but the hours are long.:D
If we use you as a volunteer you will receive $10 discount on your registration
fee.
You will be asked for 4 hours of your time and it can be served all at once
or in 2 two hour intervals to man (or woman) various posts.

If you are willing to volunteer please contact me at [email protected]

I don't know Scott I just might have to practice a little and
you know Tim V might just unleash the stop and drop capable landing gyro on us!:D

Greg

Jim ,
if it's ok in a couple of weeks Ill met you out there to work out the details.

Scott

I don't know Scott I just might have to practice a little and
you know Tim V might just unleash the stop and drop capable landing gyro on us!:D

Greg
The nice thing about being Pres is I can Change the rules No Butterflies Aloud LOL:humble:

We call that WOLF TICKETS .....Scotty

I'll be there a bit early anyway.... 2 or 3 weeks maybe... So what yall got for me to do,,

Steve we volenteered you paint the taxi way lines see'in how the city
is going over budget on electric and water hookups :D
Greg

The nice thing about being Pres is I can Change the rules No Butterflies Aloud LOL:humble:

That is just WRONG !!!!!

It's not their fault they are awesome. If there is a Gyro that dominates a competition because it has been designed with superior capabilities we should be excited that it has raised the bar on Gyro performance. It should be acknowledged and praised and encourage others to become more like it. Banning it from the competition because it kicks butt is just wrong. Besides that, even though the machines have some incredible capabilities, I believe it still takes skill to drop it in on a specific spot.

I know you added LOL to your statement so maybe you were just kidding and didn't really intend to ban Butterfly's from the competition, but I am sure there are others thinking the same thing, so I wanted to go on record saying I think we should get excited about excellence anytime we see it, encourage it, not make them feel like it is wrong to excel.

Anyway that's how I feel about it. (of course I could be prejudiced since I am building a Butterfly SSC)

Gyro Doug

That is just WRONG !!!!!

It's not their fault they are awesome. If there is a Gyro that dominates a competition because it has been designed with superior capabilities we should be excited that it has raised the bar on Gyro performance. It should be acknowledged and praised and encourage others to become more like it. Banning it from the competition because it kicks butt is just wrong. Besides that, even though the machines have some incredible capabilities, I believe it still takes skill to drop it in on a specific spot.

I know you added LOL to your statement so maybe you were just kidding and didn't really intend to ban Butterfly's from the competition, but I am sure there are others thinking the same thing, so I wanted to go on record saying I think we should get excited about excellence anytime we see it, encourage it, not make them feel like it is wrong to excel.

Anyway that's how I feel about it. (of course I could be prejudiced since I am building a Butterfly SSC)

Gyro Doug
:lalala: Doug, Take a chill pill I was kidding

Scott,

I am not upset. I even acknowledged that you may have been kidding (I wasn't sure) but wanted to go on record and state how I feel. I am feeling perfectly chilled, but thanks for your concern.

I just wish I was going to be able to be there this year and participate with you. I hope everything goes great and you have the best year ever. Best of luck!!!

Gyro Doug

Scott,

I am not upset. I even acknowledged that you may have been kidding (I wasn't sure) but wanted to go on record and state how I feel. I am feeling perfectly chilled, but thanks for your concern.

I just wish I was going to be able to be there this year and participate with you. I hope everything goes great and you have the best year ever. Best of luck!!!

Gyro Doug
Thank's Doug ,Im just messing with ya... I hope things change so you could be there afterall.

SL:yo:

Scott: Were going to park a pickup broadside on the runway. This is to stop the contestants that DONT stop!!!:smokin:

The contestant that comes closest to the truck without hitting it will be the winner. If all contestants run into the truck..then the one that caused the smallest dent will be the spot landing winner!:peace:

Anyone want to volunteer their truck?

Stan

Micro event ?

Micro event ?

wow this is turning into quite a commercial adventure.

That is a lot of typing Ron, are you an elected official of Sun State ?

Our local EAA chapter raised $2500 big ones last year.

That will be spent on high school kids / aviation related scholarships.

Jonathan

No, but he is a member and one of biggest contributers. Thanks Ron for all you do.:yo:
wow this is turning into quite a commercial adventure.

That is a lot of typing Ron, are you an elected official of Sun State ?

Our local EAA chapter raised $2500 big ones last year.

That will be spent on high school kids / aviation related scholarships.

Jonathan