Any Artists on the Forum?

Mike484

AR-1 🇺🇸
Aircraft
RAF 2000 w/Horizontal stabilizer, KB3 w/tall tail
Total Flight Time
40+
I'm looking for a cartoon picture of a Wally Gator type alligator flying a Bensen style gyro. I am in no way an artist but if someone here is I'd be happy to compensate someone for a cartoon picture. I am wanting a flying alligator to use as a T-Shirt design.

We are planning a fly-in in Anahauc Texas, the alligator capital o9f Texas, and if we have it there I would like to have a flying alligator as our fly-in logo for T-shirts, hats, etc. Chapter 20, The Pelican State Rotorcraft Club uses a Pelican for their logo, very cool. I like the Wally Gator type of alligator, fun and friendly and would prefer more of a Bensen type gyro for him to fly. We are tentatively planning it for the same weekend as the Gator Fest (http://www.texasgatorfest.com)

Attachments

• Wally Gator.jpg
    Wally Gator.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 0
  • wally_gator.jpg
    wally_gator.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 0
  • wallygator2.jpg
    wallygator2.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Chapter 20 Logo001.jpg
    Chapter 20 Logo001.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 0
Mike,
is that where your chapter meets to fly or is this a special occasion?

We are currently aquireing a hanger there and it will be our east side location for the club, we are also keeping the hanger in Brookshire to be our west side. It will probably take us at least a few weeks to get the Anahuac hanger set up and fully functional. Once we are settled in then this is where we would hold our fly-ins, hopefully our first will be in September during the gator Festival, Bill and Rudy would like to have one sometime in May but our Chapter President will be in China at that time and I'm not sure if we will be prepared to have one yet. We will hold occational meetings in Anahuac and I'm sure there will be gyro activity most weekends once we get it set-up, our Brookshire hanger has something going on almost every weekend.

Aint Walt Disney, but could be mistaken for a gator...

Attachments

• Gyrocopter Gator colour 1.jpg
    Gyrocopter Gator colour 1.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 0
That's a good one, thanks.

Thanks Gabor, very much appreciated.

Mike this is the sketch I need to color it later if you like it :). Let me know OK?

Last edited:
Cool! I'll color it when I get home. Lucky you my employer paid for that gig :) Oh I have to put a stick in his hand too ....damn I am getting old :) Any color preference for the gyro?

I know a nice looking logo when I see one, but I can't come up with one to save my life.

Since the "flying gator" transpired so fast, I thought I might humble myself and ask if anyone has an idea for a " CalumetAir " logo? (cap A and no space is intentional)
I would like something classy. Mildly suggests aviation is "OK".

Since I sell seat tanks to a lot of different aircraft type owners, I'll pass on a gyro type logo.
I'm burned out of ideas and my son was insulted because I didn't care for his offering.

All ideas welcome.

Anything that would contrast and look good against the green alligator.

Tom, probably will draw more attention for both of us, same topic so no hijack taken.

OK Mike Will do a red gyro :) Tom I have received your broadcast :) and will come up with something for you too I promise. I just need a little time as right now I am working on another design. Soooo just hang in there ok? I will E-mail it to you as soon as I have something :)

Pen & ink look better,:cool: Computers ? yuck:spy:

Attachments

• wallygator2.jpg
    wallygator2.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 0
  • wally_gator.jpg
    wally_gator.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 0
There are some great designs here. Hillberg, are the pictures you posted the entire picture? I would like to see the whole picture, these look cropped, probably when they were attached. I am in no way an artist or an artistic critic so I hope nobody takes offense to anything I say. If we use the Wally Gator then the hat, collar, and shirt cuffs should be removed to prevent any copyright infingement. Also, it would be a plus to see a design that includes a HS, God forbid, if our alligator crashes everyone will say its due to the lack of a HS. It would also be fitting that the original Bensen design stays original, without the HS, this will give our members an option when choosing the design we use.
I really appreciate the efforts and will make sure that when we produce the T-Shirts that the person that designed the logo that we use recieves a shirt and all other contributors have a chance to at least get one at a deeply discounted price.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate this and hope that we come up with a logo that will be well recieved at our fly-in.