New gyro pilot

panda_nzzz

Aircraft
Tecnam P92E, Bantam B22, Rans S6, Gyro, Australian lightwing
Total Flight Time
I flew my gyro for the first time today.It was a blast.
Im used to fixed wing so its kind of different. Plenty of power and great maneuverability.
Engine is an EA81T with fuel injection.
Roy

Attachments

• gyropass.jpg
    gyropass.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 0
  • REWunderside.jpg
    REWunderside.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 0
  • gyrogrn.jpg
    gyrogrn.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 0
he's hooked now
another ROTORHEAD emerges
congrats!!!

Looking good Roy :) Thanks for the pics. Congrats on your new and very addictive hobby :)

OK Roy fess up, How difficult is flying the gyro with the good suspension and the big tail, compared to a fixed wing and how long did it take to learn the gyro, I heard it only took a couple of hours. oops, I should have asked how long to get airbourne, the learning has just begun

cheers
Bruce

Last edited:
I found so far that adapting to flying the gyro was simple. I would say it was the easiest aircraft I have flown.
The hardest thing was to push that throttle and lift off for the first time. Once I was off the ground and could feel the controls I was happy.
My first flight was a short hop down the strip followed by a longer one the other way. After a short break to think about things I followed this with about a dozen trips down the strip getting higher each time then spent maybe an hour doing circuits working out the landings etc. I have yet to have a hard landing.
So in my opinion the fixed wing pilot can fly a well deigned gyro with no problem. My gyro has center line thrust, a huge tail and HS, Good suspension, a proper hang test etc.
All these thing I learned from this forum.. Thanks everyone on here who give up their time to share their knowledge to all.
Roy

Congratulations! I love the gyro!