Anyone had experience with Vortech

I haven't used Vortech to attempt to sell anything. My only experience has been as a potential buyer.

Apparently, Vortech acts as an intermediary screener between the seller and interested buyers. The ads don't give the seller's contact information directly. If a potential buyer has a question or wants additional information, he must contact Vortech.

Recently, I emailed Vortech for some additional information about an aircraft in which I was interested and wanted to arrange an inspection of it. To do that, I was told I would need to put up a deposit, an amount which was several thousand dollars and more than half the asking price. Even though I was assured the deposit was refundable, that was a show-stopper for me.

If I were a seller, perhaps Vortech might be a service I would choose if I wanted that degree of screening. Personally, I prefer a site like Barnstormers.com where buyers and sellers can interact directly.

Last edited:
Post some pics and info here for starters, can't hurt.

tried do do business with them twice never again they dont return calls and arent helpful . and I know others who delt with them and will never again.

Vortech does not seem to have many satisfied customers. From what I heard from others I'll steer clear of them.

My personal belief has always been that if the website sucks, they probably suck too. It's 2011. A ten year old could have written better HTML during a lunch break. And Microsoft Word clip-art? Really??

You would have a better audience here and barnstormers.com

That's your plan, right? Finding a place to list your RAF?

I have had one good experience on Barnstormers. I told a T 51 kit plane on there in like 10 minutes. Give them a try as well as here.

When a company sells copies of plans without acquiring the rights, or advertises a 1980s Vancraft Rotor Lightning using a misleading photo of a Sport Copter Lightning with a completely different frame design, I can't help drawing conclusions about its business ethics. Vortech appears to bet on an endless stream of clueless newbies.

Barnstormers.com Rocks, you can't go wrong. and the price is cheap.

when I let joel from Vortech list my Scorpion, he jacked the price up 2 grand.

needless to say it did not sell thru Vortech.

I've had my RAF listed on Barnstormers for quite some time. Everyone seems interested, but no one has the cash.
don't feel bad, not many people are buying much of anything lately.
heck i could not even sell my harley for $4,500 and I have more then that in what I paid for the basket case of parts I built it from.

post your RAF on here, you might find a buyer.