Is it just me or what...

Sheldon

Or maybe it is just God telling me to be patient with my fellow man, but damn I am seeing a heap of people totally blowing off stop signs!!

40 years of motorcycle riding has taught me many things and one is to stop, pause, do a left right left while looking in your rear view mirror before you go...

People doing real stupid things from slow n go, to hit the throttle who needs to slow down, they can stop for me....

I'm out on a grocery run, icy roads, it's getting dark, my headlights are on, small reddish car approaching the intersection to my right is doing close to 30 gets to the intersection and nails the throttle side slipping into the opposite lane....

Real stupid enough, patience, take a breath, calm down but driving is bad enough with out this level of careless disreguard....

Last edited:
Rode 30 yrs..............no more people are nuts and not very responsible

No Sheldon, buddy it is just YOU!!!

Just kidding,... as our population explodes so does the percentages of idiots?

I don't know what it is. Maybe something in the water?

Last edited:
calm in the storm

calm in the storm

Sheldon, take the lead and cause law and order by being yourself, calm. You can handle it.

Remember, we were young and restless once . . .
Did many pranks and my Gardian Angel did a great job keeping me in one piece.
Heron

If travelling on 2 wheels it is safe to assume that you are surrounded by homocidal maniacs, all out to kill you.

Helps keeping you alive.

Kai.

Out with the family today and as the guy in front of me approachers the stop sign I say "any bets that he does not stop" no he barely slowed down....
After 40 years riding bike you can bet that I have always stopped, but now the total disregard for the safety of others is becoming epidemic. It's times like these I wish I was a cop, but if I am close enough to get a plate number you can bet I 911 them and file a complaint.....

At this point the count is only about 1 in 10 are actualy stopping, and at the stop lights, more and more are simply blowing them....

If it is a dangerous intersection , get your local cop to sit there writing tickets for a week and people will stop rolling through the stop sign.

Up here (Winnipeg) they have mobile speed cameras and red light cameras they set up in random locations.

Hate to see anyone get a ticket but some drivers seem to need a stack of them before they get the message.

Arnie , you are right. If they don't enforce the law, nobody obeys them.

I like the "new" law they passed here in my town..........

Zero tolerance for double parking ! The cops will actually zig zag through the double parkers !

And these are the same people that are "broke" !!!!!

Seat belts!

Yep, since they came out with seat belt laws, and airbags...... stupid people that should have died in frightening firery crashes, are now free to reproduce more imbeciles.....you see the result.... just my $0.02... :D

Please, if you come to Brasil, don´t try to drive . . .it´s a mess . . .
Heron

Big deal, if you come to China, don´t try to drive . . .it´s a criminal mess . . .But a Chines guy in Beijing sick of drives nor respecting red light at the corner where he lives, took the law on his own hand, got himself a pile of bricks, each time motorist dint respect the red light , he had a brick in his windscreen. Police took no action other to tell him, it was not so legal. Every one now stops at the red light.

Thank
Albert

Last edited:
People here routinely skip no turn on red signs. It doesn't make sense to me the signs are right next to the light. People also park in no parking areas (too close to corners, right in-front of fire hydrants). Other people have their bumpers blocking my driveway. How am I supposed to get out of my driveway with your car blocking it? I now park in the street in-front of my house. I have called the police before. They come and ticket the person, but the same thing happens the next day with a different car.

I've driven in every major PIA city the states has to offer, Chicago, NY city, Boston, LA, Atlanta, but Korea was by far the most chalenging.....

When I was in Korea whoever was biggest pretty much had the right of way, with buses being the worst - that was about 25 years ago though.

Its a Jungle.........

Its a Jungle.........

It use to be a jungle we lived in; danger was everywhere and never ending. Today is safer with less need to look over ones shoulder for the unexpected. But the unexpected still exists; the jungle is now made of asphalt and concrete.