Bipartisan Tax Plan

NoWingsAttached

Unobtainium Member
Aircraft
Air Command Tandem w/ Arrow 100hp; GyroBee w/ Hirth 65hp; Air Command Tandem w/ Yamaha 150hp
Total Flight Time
>350
A Methodist-Jewish-Shinto-Buddhist friend came up with an interesting idea to help solve the nation's economic woes and national debt crisis.

All money spent on durable goods, food, clothes, tools, toys, gifts, education, you name it, whatever creates cash dumped into the capitalist system of spending and that ultimately creates jobs which creates more taxable wages, without being tied to gambling in any way, would ALL be non-taxable.

All money invested in the stock market: taxable.

All money spent on gambling of any kind: taxable.

Likewise, any corporate monies invested in stocks, insurance deals, trading commodities, or gambling of any kind: taxable.

Any corporate monies spent in durable goods, toys, education,...just like Joe Shmo on the street: non-taxable.

In other words, same rules apply to everybody and every commercial entity.

That's it, ladies and gentlemen. It ain't rocket science. Everybody gets what they want: Rock-solid banks with mountains of cash to lend to boost new and growing business; Republicans get a reduction in taxes; and Democrats ultimately get more money coming in to the treasury from higher employment numbers and better pay scales, to cut the debt and right the ship.

I thought about a staggering comment the other night on TV: The Chinese are flush with cash while the EU and the US are flailing about miserably. That is no surprise.

What is sobering is the other nation that is flush with cash. Remember, you boomers out there, how we won the cold war? Money. We bankrupted the Soviet economy and they crumbled like a house of cards. Guess what? The Russians happen to be the other country flush with cash.

Uh oh.

Every new business is a gamble, and if your friend thinks we can create jobs and pay wages on a significant scale without anyone buying stocks, he skipped class during Econ 101.

Corporate taxes of any kind is idiotic. Corporations must make a profit to stay in business, so any tax that they pay is simply a hidden tax on the people who buy their products, through higher prices. There would be less corporate corruption by tax evasion and a more even playing field if taxes were out of the mix….plus lower prices and more jobs. I despise politicians that want to tax businesses, 'cause they are deceitful.

Wow.............should I even touch this? Let's start at the basics and see if this thread gets shut down or not.....:) Basics of human reaction. If you tax something you get less of it if you substitute you get more of it. Basic principle. Therefore taxing businesses and corporations, and creators of jobs will produce less of them. On the other hand substituting fatherless so called families where single Moms choosing to replace the father figure with a welfare check will create more of them. Now let's get a bit into this phenomena to understand the moocher mentality a bit better and let's clean up a bit the big bad corporation image a bit. What do you think corporations are? Yes yes yes. They are responsible for our every day well oiled smooth running lives that we are so accustomed to. How many hod dogs will the Americans eat today? Nobody knows. BUT... There are people out there who's job is to estimate the needs of their businesses and place an order for a certain amount of hot dogs every day or week or month. Now comes into the play the big bad corporation who has the ability to land the money for the production and finds the producer or develops the productions company that can supply the needed hot dogs. So they come up with the money from private entities or bank loans and start building the plant. These people RISK their earned money that they ha ALREADY paid taxes on and pay taxes AGAIN when they match the employees income tax. If they fail no one will feel sorry because they are after all the big bad corporations! That is nowadays a dirty word since the community organizer was canonized. It is the free market that creates jobs depending on the needs of society. Just as simple as a hot dog. So when you go to the local store you know you will be able to buy that hot dog. You never had to feed a pig, chicken, turkey, cow whatever your preference is in hot dogs. You never had to grab a pitchfork to take the dumpings out of their cages. You never had to shock them with electricity or shut a steel ball into their brain or cut their neck and
bleed them out. (Yes I have worked in a slaughter house too......when there is only one place that hires you when you don't speak well enough a language your daughter doesn't care how you earn the money you need to buy her shoes for winter!) You never had to cut the meat off the bones making sure not to puncture anything that can ruin the taste. Never had to fill the casings and deliver it to the store. All you had to do is go to the store and take it off the shelf knowing it would be there! End of story. Capitalism works! On the other hand.... we have the moochers. By the virtue of their existence they are entitled to things. They have figured out that using the voting boots they can get something for nothing. So here comes the class warfare Barry is so great pointing out the inequality in our society. Who want equality in the first place? Oh yeah let me see.......Occupy kids??? In their view there is a point, which point shall be determined by the political class, at which individuals have made enough money. Now that is arrogant if you ask me. Taxes are not the answer. Especially because 54% of Americans don't pay any! You want fairness? Go all around consumption tax. That will not differentiate between who you are. If you buy something you pay taxes on it. If a drug dealer buys it or a hooker even an illegal alien, they all will pay taxes. Now that is your simple solution. Don't let the moochers game the system and we will have enough money right away. But that would not be too good because politicians could not buy votes! That would end their power and might even force them to SERVE us.....what a novel idea? Wow That would end their idea of the people, are the property of government. Therefore, wealth produced by the people belongs to the government and the political class shall determine the manner in which that wealth is distributed back to the people....... Ok see if you wanna get into this any deeper.......didn't think so! I hope I did not kill this thread.....wasn't my intention.....OK I got to go to work there are a lot of people on welfare and unemployment who do count on me for their next check................:argue:

Last edited:
Watch this.... I agree Gabor Why is it that most European transplants, understand our gov and economy much better than most Americans? Oh that's right, they have actually had to live under strict Gov control...

http://www.pjtv.com/s/GYZTKNQ

Perhaps, adopting the Chinese system could be the mother of all solutions.

Thanks
Albert

Perhaps, adopting the Chinese system could be the mother of all solutions.

Thanks
Albert

Albert
That is because China is adopting the capitalist system we used to have.
Hey? Want to adopt our Constitution? We're not using it much these last few years.

Communism may have died in U.S.S.R.; but it is alive and prospering here in the goog ole US of A.

Albert
That is because China is adopting the capitalist system we used to have.
Hey? Want to adopt our Constitution? We're not using it much these last few years.

Yes, Chines are adopting the capitalist system and with great success, but… banks are firmly government’s hands. Your constitution gives every American the inalienable right to make a damn fool of himself.

Thanks
Albert

Yes, Chines are adopting the capitalist system and with great success, but… banks are firmly government’s hands. Your constitution gives every American the inalienable right to make a damn fool of himself.

Thanks
Albert

You are correct Albert.
It is called Success or Failure as long as others aren't harmed.

And yes, we have an large supply of damn fools.
Are you sure you are not in the USA?

gabor-golf clap. thanks that was good. i got a giggle and an education. i take it you worked in a slaughter house when you first moved here? i work heavy industrial construction. if the occupiers or anyone for that matter needs a job the construction industry is in need.

1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity.

2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.

3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.

5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is the beginning of the end of any nation.

A Methodist-Jewish-Shinto-Buddhist friend came up with an interesting idea to help solve the nation's economic woes and national debt crisis.

All money spent on durable goods, food, clothes, tools, toys, gifts, education, you name it, whatever creates cash dumped into the capitalist system of spending and that ultimately creates jobs which creates more taxable wages, without being tied to gambling in any way, would ALL be non-taxable.

All money invested in the stock market: taxable.

All money spent on gambling of any kind: taxable.

Likewise, any corporate monies invested in stocks, insurance deals, trading commodities, or gambling of any kind: taxable.

Any corporate monies spent in durable goods, toys, education,...just like Joe Shmo on the street: non-taxable.

In other words, same rules apply to everybody and every commercial entity.

That's it, ladies and gentlemen. It ain't rocket science. Everybody gets what they want: Rock-solid banks with mountains of cash to lend to boost new and growing business; Republicans get a reduction in taxes; and Democrats ultimately get more money coming in to the treasury from higher employment numbers and better pay scales, to cut the debt and right the ship.

I thought about a staggering comment the other night on TV: The Chinese are flush with cash while the EU and the US are flailing about miserably. That is no surprise.

What is sobering is the other nation that is flush with cash. Remember, you boomers out there, how we won the cold war? Money. We bankrupted the Soviet economy and they crumbled like a house of cards. Guess what? The Russians happen to be the other country flush with cash.

Uh oh.

"Democrats ultimately get more money coming in to the treasury from higher employment numbers and better pay scales, to cut the debt and right the ship."

This statement betrays your complete and utter misunderstanding of what Democrats are all about. Jeeeeeshh...........

gabor-golf clap. thanks that was good. i got a giggle and an education. i take it you worked in a slaughter house when you first moved here? i work heavy industrial construction. if the occupiers or anyone for that matter needs a job the construction industry is in need.
Well thank you Sir :) I was actually in Austria at the time when I worked in the slaughter house. It was one of those jobs somehow people did not want to do. Yes it was not glamorous by any means to sweep up the guts laying on the floor still stuff flowing out of them and then sanitize everything with clorox and steam clean after that. Speaking of dirty I had a job right after that at a road construction company shoveling asphalt 14 hours a day every day! It was summer and pushing the high 90's and the freaking asphalt was hot as hell. It got so bad my wife used to wake up with a headache from me. The smell soaked into my skin so badly I could not wash it off. But I was happy. I had the opportunity. I just busted the iron curtain and we were free. What do these occupy idiots know about having the opportunity is all one needs???:rant:

Last edited:
Simple question

Simple question

I have a simple question, has the amount of actual taxes as a percentage of income that corporations pay gone up or down in the last 5 years? Note, I am not asking about the tax rate or as a percentage of GDP, I am asking about amount of taxes paid by corporations as a percentage of the profits they are reporting.

Please do not answer with "I know a guy named Joe who paid more taxes than last year". I want to know as an overall trend.

If you answer this question, please use facts from some reliable source, do not just say, "I know this is what is happening and anyone who thinks otherwise is clearly uninformed".

Regards
Jason

a non-partisan observation

a non-partisan observation

Most of our huge federal tax code has very little to do with actually raising revenue. It's more about fostering national policy, encouraging some behaviors, discouraging others, and giving the lobbyists what they want, so that their clients will continue to pay them. To pick just a few consumer-pertinent provisions, the home mortgage interest deduction arises from a national policy decision to make home ownership possible for more Americans; charitable deductions are allowed to make philanthropy appealing; the 401(k) account structure (if I remember correctly) was the result of intense lobbying by Kodak to set something up as as a tax shelter for its higher-ups, but it was soon discovered to be a cheaper alternative than pensions for employers, and is now heavily relied upon by lower-level workers without pensions. So long as we choose to use taxes as incentives, disincentives, rewards, punishments, or bribes for controlling behavior, we are going to be stuck with a cumbersome, unbalanced system, which leads to its own massive tax planning and tax avoidance industry of accountants and lawyers. All sorts of nonsensical behaviors arise as unintended consequences, and professionals are highly paid to find creative ways to use tax code sections for a purpose that nobody considered when the law was written.

Well said, WaspAir. The purpose of government should be to provide a specialized and limited set of services (e.g., police, fire, standing army, education, roads) and the purpose of taxes should be to fund those limited services.

One of the things that will not help resolve our present economic difficulties is name calling partisanship. Our government is already so divisive that they almost cannot function (arguably a good thing). Pigeon-holing by party only shows an unwillingness to listen and a lack of critical thinking skills. I know Republicans who are more liberal on some issues (e.g., personal freedoms) than most Democrats. Conversely, I know some Democrats who are more conservative (e.g., fiscal policy) than most Republicans.

At the end of the day, I think we could all agree that there is damn little difference between our choices in the two party system - neither of them are working in the best interests of the public. They are highly paid lobbyists working in self-interest and in the interest of those who line their pockets.

No, I don't have an answer. I'd be satisfied to cure stick shake much less the global economic crisis.

You are correct Albert.
It is called Success or Failure as long as others aren't harmed.

And yes, we have an large supply of damn fools.
Are you sure you are not in the USA?

Capitalisms’, is like a big savage dog has to be kept on the leach, someone cut the leach and your guys got bitten, badly. Chines capitalisms are full of hyenas, all firmly chinned up by the government and only some get bitten, amongst themselves, and people don’t suffer. The western world abused the right of being a capitalist. No, I don’t reside in the US, very happy in China.

Thanks
Albert

The house & congress cut the leash & the people will nuetter them in due time-Governmental corruption poisons a free market-mooching & stealing from the workers.