Rotary Wing Forum  

Go Back   Rotary Wing Forum > Rotorcraft > Rules and Regulations

Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-05-2012, 09:38 AM
gyroplanes's Avatar
gyroplanes gyroplanes is offline
FAA DAR Gyropilot
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Lansing, Illinois (Chicago South Suburb)
Posts: 5,874
Exclamation Part 3 Certification guidance

The latest trap in FAA paperwork involves their prolific "forms".

The FAA has issued new versions of the common forms used to certify aircraft.
The new forms bear the exact same number as the original, but will have the "born on" date in the lower left corner next to the form number.

The big rub is that the FAA does not notify designees, or potential applicants (you) that a form has been replaced. I don't know if, or how well, they notify the FSDOs.

  • The application for airworthiness form (FAA 8130-6 was changed (04/2011) to include Unmanned Aircraft. It is available on-line as a PDF.
  • The Eligibility statement (FAA 8130-12) was changed (08/2009) to have spaces for "commercial assistance" (hired guns) and the percentage of work they did on your aircraft. It is available on-line as a PDF.
  • The Bill of sale form (FAA 8050-2) (09/2010) is available on-line as a PDF.
  • The Affidavit of Ownership form (FAA 8050-88)(09/1992) is now available on-line as a PDF.
  • You still have to seek out the Registration form (FAA 8050-1) as it has carbon paper copies attached.

This is all necessary and good, but the FAA will not accept the old version of the forms (other than the Bill of Sale)

The BIG problem is that, in some cases, the local FSDO will probably send you the old forms when you request their certification packet.
The certification packet the EAA sells probably still contains the old forms (check before you buy) There are also a ton of certification assistance sites that offer very, very outdated forms.

Be informed or be prepared to face rejection.

The best and probably most current source for FAA forms is click on forms and keep your fingers crossed they have them updated on the site.
Tom Milton, PRA Director, Need a DAR, Seat tank, Prerotator, Rotor Brake, or Rotor Tach?
Have Airworthiness Certification questions? or

Last edited by gyroplanes; 04-05-2012 at 09:57 AM.
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management plugin by RedTyger