Twin Eagle (Plus) N575EE passed A/W Inspection!

jcarleto

Aluminum Supporter
Aircraft
Beech Bonanza G-35 N4638D/"The Bulldozer" 2-Place Gyroplane N575EE
Total Flight Time
Several
It's official! There is now a Twin Eagle (Plus) flying. Granted, it isn't much at all like the prototype.

Here is a test run. It is on my server for the moment, but I'll put it (and others) on YouTube later.

Note: This is a fairly large flash video file. The video is short, but it may take longer to load due to the higher than "web-normal" resolution. Depending on your version of flash, it may be best to let the whole thing load before hitting the play button.

http://miservice.net/gyro/n575ee.html

OK, here is the YouTube URL. It may not be as crisp, but it will be faster. I'll leave the one above online for a little while before removing the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIH7HpgafRw

*JC*

Last edited:
It's official! There is now a Twin Eagle (Plus) flying. Granted, it isn't much at all like the prototype.

Here is a test run. It is on my server for the moment, but I'll put it (and others) on YouTube later.

Note: This is a fairly large flash video file. The video is short, but it may take longer to load due to the higher than "web-normal" resolution. Depending on your version of flash, it may be best to let the whole thing load before hitting the play button.

http://miservice.net/gyro/n575ee.html

*JC*

Congratulation!!!

Great video too! Looking good!

Congratulations Jon! That is absolutely outstanding! That truly must have been a thrill….The Bulldozer flies! Yeaahhh!

Although I did get a bit worried when it looked like you were running out of runway…..you O'l puke....

Im still waitng on the video to finish downloading. :(

All_In said:
Congratulation!!!

Great video too! Looking good!

Thanks!

RotoPlane said:
you O'l puke

Thass "Mr. Ol' Puke" to you, sir!

One thing about the brakes on that thing. They work pretty good. Unlikely that I'll over-run any runway with that one.

GrandR said:
Im still waitng on the video to finish downloading.

My apology. I did warn you that it wouldn't be speedy. I'll put the new ones on YouTube.

*JC*

John, Looks real good. Was that last landing a tad hard?

GrantR said:
Was that last landing a tad hard?

It felt OK. I was trying to get the nose down quick and it is so long that it looks funny, I suppose.

*JC*

Congrats. You may become the first person to get one of those around the pattern.

Jon you go man..

Well when you going to give us more? keep-em comming dont stop now.

Looks great, it did turn out looking good. congrats..:first:

Nice video Jon. Talking of heavy equipments man!!! Love the size of the Dozer. What size of blades you got on that baby? They sound good when you drop the rpm of the buzzer.
Congrats man. I am happy for you and please keep posting.

Timchick said:
Congrats. You may become the first person to get one of those around the pattern.
Thanks! But no, on two counts. First, Bob's prototype flies. Second, mine should perhaps have been called something else. It bears little resemblance to the prototype and has only a very few of the original parts.

Earthboundmisfit said:
You have inspired, and bummed me out. Im slackin....
Inspired and bummed? Dude, I can't take that kinda pressure. Just remember that crummy ole' air pump of mine. It sounds like is going to explode and die at any moment, but it keeps chugging along and eventually the project is completed.

billygyro said:
Well when you going to give us more? keep-em comming dont stop now.
Thank you for you continued support, Billy. I'm editing video even now.

GyroRon said:
Oddly enough, if flies kinda nice. A bit like a school bus, but fast and stable. I'm going to have to add a rudder trim tab, but otherwise it doesn't seem to have any wierd flight characteristics. I really like the push-pull cables on the rotor. They are smooth as silk.

choppergabor said:
What size of blades you got on that baby? They sound good when you drop the rpm of the buzzer.
The rotors are 28' Dragon Wings and the prop is a 68" powerfin. Ernie's rotorhead, as well.

*JC*

Last edited:
It has a wonderful ponderous quality.

I like the sound of it.

Congratulations JC!

How long is it?

How much does it weigh in the vidio?

Thank you, Vance

Vance,

Hmm...wonderful and ponderous. Thanks, I think. :)

I like the sound of it, but I'm going to have to "fix" that soon. I'm running straight headers and am told it is not loud...it is REMARKABLY loud. Unfortunate, but not unexpected.

The gyro is 15' long and empty weight is 750 pounds. With me in it and full fuel (as was the case in the start of the video) it comes in at about 1085 pounds.

The main thing...it seems like it will make a nice cross-country machine. Just out of curiousity, what is your typical cruise speed in the Predator?

*JC*

Vance,

Hmm...wonderful and ponderous. Thanks, I think. :)

Just out of curiousity, what is your typical cruise speed in the Predator?

*JC*

Hello JC,

Lately I had been playing with the cruise speed in the Predator.

I had been using 50kts.

I have been experimenting with 70kts solo and 65kts with Ed in the back.

I worked my way up slowly.

It seems to help if I climb 100 feet past my target altitude and use the decent back to my target altitude to pick up another 5 miles per hour.

I use less fuel to get somewhere at 70kts than I did at 50kts.

50kts is more relaxing and I have more time to look at things.

70kts is better to get somewhere especially if there is a big head wind.

When I fly at 2,000 feet AGL in anticipation of hills it is hard to judge the air speed, at 5,000 feet AGL it feels like we have stopped moving.

When I fly low it feels like we are going fast even at 50kts.

Sometimes I fly low following a fire road on a ridgeline just to experience the rush of the sensation of speed.

You can see I should be flying, I type too much.

Thank you, Vance

Thanks! But no, on two counts. First, Bob's prototype flies. Second, mine should perhaps have been called something else. It bears little resemblance to the prototype and has only a very few of the original parts.

At Bensen Days we never saw anything more than a crow hop. Some people may consider that flying. Did you actually see the prototype fly the pattern?Even if the prototype does fly we'll still give you credit for the first customer owned flyer.

Jon,
I just saw the same video on youtube. Now this is funny. The same landing on my home computer on youtube didnt look hard at all.

Vance said:
Lately I had been playing with the cruise speed in the Predator.
Thanks, Vance. I appreciate your level of detail in all you do.

Timchick said:
Did you actually see the prototype fly the pattern?
I even have a photo. Alas, I had no video at the time. However, I'd almost prefer to consider mine a different model. It bears only a little resemblance with the prototype and flies pretty well if I do say so myself.

I managed to upload the video I posted earlier on my server to YouTube. Here is the new link (I also edited the original post):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIH7HpgafRw

The video with pattern flight is in the process of uploading. I'll post a link here when it finally completes. YouTube has maintenance tonight, so it may not be this evening.

Today I flew in some pretty good wind with a nice crosswind component. Still felt good!

*JC*

GrantR said:
I just saw the same video on youtube. Now this is funny. The same landing on my home computer on youtube didnt look hard at all.

Well...what can I say. Clearly, my server is both more discerning, critical and in tune with things gyro. :D

*JC*

Last edited: