PRA looking for worldwide support

All_In

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Airgyro AG915 Centurian, Aviomania G1sb
Total Flight Time
Gyroplane 70Hrs, not sure over 10,000+ logged FW, 260+ ultralights, sailplane, hang-gliders
I have received a PM requesting how folks can volunteer to help PRA in other countries. Seeing how we are going online there are many ways you can help from your computer’s keyboard.

However there is one very important new project that only you can help us out with.

This BOD is really reaching out. We have chosen to split the world up into FAA districts grouping the PRA Chapters into zones.

We are looking for one PRA Chapter representative from each FAA district to participate in monthly Online BOD meetings.

We want to know your specific regional needs and how we can serve you better.

Please run for this position and or help organize your district by setting up elections with the other Chapters in your district to elect your districts representative.

Not in a Chapter please request forms from Dave Bacon to start a Chapter so you can represent your country and district at monthly online PRA Board meetings.

Setting up inter chapters elections is going to take time so we need to start today???

We are making this up as we go so any ideas on how to implement this would be appreciated.

PS:
Also can anyone find a map of the FAA districts for me, I haven't had time to look.

Last edited:
Do chapters exist outside the US? How can people abroad help PRA?..... and how PRA can help or support international members?

more info, suggestions ideas are needed :)

Do chapters exist outside the US? How can people abroad help PRA?..... and how PRA can help or support international members?

Yes chapters do exist outside the USA!
We need you to start a chapter in every country.
PRA wants to have you participate in online board meetings sharing your needs and become a voice for your country so we know how we can help with the airways authorities like we do here with the FAA, at least.
Were looking for people to step up and become the PRA representative in their country for us. Currently we don't know how we can help, but we would like to.
We hope it will better organize you and increase popularity while providing you with more folks to fly with too!

PS:
We are also looking for Rules and Regulation Editors / Department Heads for each country for the new online magazine and articles regarding issues from every country.
We only have USA and Canada Department heads today.

Last edited:
count me in!! I will talk with the rest of our group in Cyprus... and Giorgos will be reading this soon.

Thank you Nic!!
I accept your email offer to be am upload moderator too. Thank you.
I would like to respond to your email here as this is exactly what we are trying to discover and may help show others how we may be able to help their countries too.

We would like to support and try and help you with your local problems.
Like supporting your efforts here...
...They do not give us any certifications ( although I have a pilot and instructor license) or ratings for gyros. I am trying hard to change this in Cyprus. I am also trying ( even though DCA gives us permits to fly and allows as to fly) to certify my single seat gyro in a European country (still trying to find out how) in order for me to have some "papers" for them to recognize us legally.
If nothing else we can offer a "world wide organization" approaching them not just one individual with coordinated letters form members and PRA officials.
We not sure it will help, but it can't hurt petitioning as a would wide group?

Also it would be great to have an online library of what is needed to get your papers maybe PRA could request the members Government to send us detailed information for you.

PS:
I guess really the question this BOD would like to know is, how can we help you?

PS: to the PS:
Wait until you see the cool patch you get for volunteering too!!!

Last edited:
Hello John

This is great news. Count me in too. Let us all know how we can help.

Im on the Air Command international flight team. Not much to do just
fly demo,s and have fun.

Good luck and best wishes.

If nothing else we can offer a "world wide organization" approaching them not just one individual with coordinated letters form members and PRA officials.
We not sure it will help, but it can't hurt petitioning as a would wide group?

Also it would be great to have an online library of what is needed to get your papers maybe PRA could request the members Government to send us detailed information for you.

Wait until you see the cool patch you get for volunteering too!!!

I think it will help having a worldwide organization backing you up.
An online regulations library from all countries would be helpful. If we could have access to most countries regulations ( in English) it would be much easier... For example if i want to certify a gyro as microlight in France, Germany or Italy (most European countries will accept a certification from another European country) and the information on how was available from PRA that means i can do it without having to learn a 3 or 4th language. :)

If we help grow PRA as an international rotor craft organization I think that It will help promote our sport worldwide by educating not only pilots but authorities too!!

so... tell me what can i do.

Oh.. cool.. i will get a patch :humble:

At the moment there are chapters outside the U.S. in Bolivia, Canada, France, Germany and Japan. The PRA received inquiries from Norway and Russia in the last year about how to start a chapter.

Hello John

This is great news. Count me in too. Let us all know how we can help.

Im on the Air Command international flight team. Not much to do just
fly demo,s and have fun.

Good luck and best wishes.
Most excellent Rehan!!
You're exactly what we're looking for.
I love the idea of having a chapter in Pakistan!!! How cool it that!
We need you to become president of a Chapter so you can run as the representative of Pakistan at the monthly online meetings.
More on this later, Thank you!

I think it will help having a worldwide organization backing you up.
An online regulations library from all countries would be helpful. If we could have access to most countries regulations ( in English) it would be much easier... For example if i want to certify a gyro as microlight in France, Germany or Italy (most European countries will accept a certification from another European country) and the information on how was available from PRA that means i can do it without having to learn a 3 or 4th language. :)

If we help grow PRA as an international rotor craft organization I think that It will help promote our sport worldwide by educating not only pilots but authorities too!!

so... tell me what can i do.

Oh.. cool.. i will get a patch :humble:

I love you guys and this site!!!!
Thank you

John, There about 84 FSDO offices. You might want to rethink something different to use for the areas.

FSDO Offices.
http://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/field_offices/fsdo/

Yikes, best idea we had at the time, but that's not going to work.
Thom had a suggestion that could work.
We will audit the members that PRA has in each state. Set area's up by the number of folks in a geographic area to make representation equal. Similar to the house of representatives but instead of having more rep's we will include more states until each area has one rep for the same number of PRA members.
We can do this by zipcode.
For the countries, we only have one chapter in very few countries so for now they would have one rep per country.
I'll try an clarify this in better terms and write more.
Thank you for the head up Chuck!

I'm ignorant in this area but I thought 'FAA regions' was the target instead of districts. Are there actually FAA regions?

I need to get a handle on this and let the BOD know as soon as possible, as this could hold up voting for the rep's.

At the moment there are chapters outside the U.S. in Bolivia, Canada, France, Germany and Japan. The PRA received inquiries from Norway and Russia in the last year about how to start a chapter.

Dean could you or Dave please post what is required to start a chapter?

Last edited:
Dean could you or Dave please post what is required to state a chapter?
I certainly don't want to invade Dave's territory but this seems like a innocent request!

First a chapter needs a minimum of 5 PRA members to form a chapter. I don't know how Dave will handle new chapters but I quit sending out chapter starter packets until I had the following information in hand. To many false starts that was costing me time and postage!

1. The chapter coordinator needs the names and PRA numbers of 5 verifiable PRA members.
2. Then the coordinator needs the names and PRA numbers of 3 people who will serve as chapter officers.
3. The chapter contact has to be identified and must have an email address
4. The chapter contact must provide a mailing address and phone number

The chapter contact information goes in the PRA magazine and on the PRA web site.

Once that info is sent to the coordinator then a chapter starter packet is sent out. The starter packet has forms to be filled out which include pretty much the same infomation that is provided initially.

Once the starter packet forms are returned to the coordinator then a chapter number is assigned. The new chapter can request an available number.

Then the PRA office is asked to generate a charter that the PRA president signs. The charter is then sent to the chapter contact. A copy is retained for the PRA records and the coordinator gets a copy.

The starter packet includes 'How to Form a PRA Chapter' information which is eseentially what I'm providing here. It has the chapter information forms, a chapter members listing form, A general guidance infomation for chapters enclosure, sample bylaws and officers duties and chapter responsibilities to the PRA. There may be other miscellaneous information sent if the coordinator desires.

This looks like a lot to work out but actually it isn't much and doesn't take long to complete.

John with regard to Kenya, I would like to see something get down there however Civil Air Legislation has recently undergone a radical transformation with replacement of old with new. At the moment chaos rules with most local aviation organizations now in breach of recently enacted poorly thought and un-enforceable rule making.

Hoping to be going back for Nov Dec and Jan and will be contacting, or trying to contact the five gyro pilots? down there, get an idea of how gyro's stand with the Kenya Aviation Authorities, (at the moment a very grey area), whether a British Gyro PPL will be recognized, is endorsable, and how things are generally progressing in our rather esoteric field down there.

I had made queries the last time I was there with a view to an introduction of the Xenon into Kenya. Became very discouraged by the general lack of any demonstration of understanding or flexibility with the rule makers, most of whom are neither pilots nor have much connection with aviation in general.

There are a couple of local pilots who have gone a long way into demonstrating gyros down there Bruce Field and Rob Collinge being two of them with Magnis

Thank you Dean!!
@Leigh
I don't think we have an African Chapter. You would make a great Pres and representative for them at the PRA BOD meetings.
@Paul
I know but my volunteers save me so much time, you guys Rock by the way. Thank you it all helps me get more done.

Regions and Aeronautical Center Operations

Regions and Aeronautical Center Operations

John I believe this is what you are looking for.

The Assistant Administrator for Regions and Center Operations (ARC) reports directly to the FAA Administrator and leads a nation-wide organization through a headquarters office in Washington, D.C., nine regional offices strategically located across the country, and the Mike Monroney Aeronautical Center in Oklahoma City.

http://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/headquarters_offices/arc/