Stupid Stunt!

He's certainly free to act like an idiot, we're free to call him one. There is no "right" way to tease a wild animal, especially with a young kid there.

That same sort of attitude on the part of some pilots is why gyros catch so much flack in this country & why the accident rate is scary high compared to anything else in the sky.

Am I trying to give lessons of freedom to U.S.-citizens? What a funny day!

Herr Obermaier!

Don't try to give lessons of freedom here please. How about achieving freedom in your homeland rather? Der Spiegel reports "This week, the two big political parties ruling Germany in a coalition held the final talks on their proposed Internet censorship scheme" HUH? 21st century dude. Internet Censorship. Put you guys right up with China. So stop the saliva squirting about freedom in here please. Besides comparing flying with teasing a wild animal shows very little understanding on your part about flying. Most of us went to school and studied day and night to get that license. When I put on my uniform the epaulets on my shoulders signify an achievement of studying hard and passing tests. That stupid redneck teasing the alligator will have half a leg to show for his achievement. He didn't go to school for it and definitely not a learned skill as flying is. I don't see your logic. If you think this way about flying and you put it in the same category as taunting an animal maybe you shouldn't fly!
Have a great day.
Verstehen Sie uns bitte Amerikaner mögen nicht über unsere Freiheit gepredigt werden. Wir sind diejenigen das kämpfte um die Freiheit für die ganze Welt. Und noch es bezüglich heute tuend. So erniedrigen Sie uns bitte auf diesem Forum nicht, wenn wir auf etwas Dummes hinweisen.

Last edited:
Go to google and enter "Lion Eats Man"................
QUOTE]

That was absolutely horrible to watch. It looks like it was filmed in the 70s, but man do I feel for that guy's family having to go through that...

Don't mess with Mother Nature!

Zack

I am astonished about all these negative reactions - this man took a risk he had well judged - and he had the success he wanted, he had his excitement, and stayed unhurt. Isn't piloting of a gyroplane a little bit the same thing? In both cases, staying at home in front of TV is much more safe.
Michael

I see your point, MIO; there is money to be made daring fate. The remark has been made to dare fate too long often results in death or serious injury. Evil Kenivel has every bone in his body broken (but made a nice fortune doing it); the great crocodial hunter of Australia met with fate recently and his untimely death.....Adventure is the lure of fateful danger and we are all attracted by it.

Aviation is a risk also, but not a wild unpredictable one. It is a risk in trusting science over instinct. Once you get comfortable testing fate is when you pay the price........................it is often unexpected but never a surprise. Usually the last word said is, "Auh ssshhhiiiittt!" :violin:

Children mimic adults but often with much less caution.

Here's a question for the inquisitive observer: When his daughter decides to emulate daddy, and loses a foot up to the knee, who are they going to sue? There must be somebody to blame, and get money from, because of course it can't be the parents' fault.

Michael re your comment. I am astonished about all these negative reactions - this man took a risk he had well judged - and he had the success he wanted, he had his excitement, and stayed unhurt.

I am astonished at your attitude. Yes all of the above is correct BUT..take for example the comment that he took a risk he had well judged. It may well be that he had the knowledge and experience to make that judgement but did his daughter have the experience and knowledge?

In effect he has shown her how to do something and has treated it as harmless amusing fun. Did you notice that as small as that alligator was it had no hesitation at trying to capture something much bigger that it.

If she is now down there on her own and sees another why not have fun and tell Daddy about it later. Only this one is much bigger.

It could end very badly for her.

He was being criticized by many for setting a very bad example to the very one he should be teaching to take be careful of possibly dangerous creatures. He has a duty of care that was conspicuously absent. It was something he overlooked too.

First Thing

First Thing

To do is call DFACs and get his ass locked up for the unsafe act to a minor.. and to his child especially..

This ****e ain't funny.. Wish the gator woulda gotten his foot..

He'd think about it next time.

Dumb Bastard

Last edited: