Heron

Platinum Member
Aircraft
Golden Butterfly
Total Flight Time
7.5 h.
Hello Down Under!
Got rain?
How much of a problem will them crocs be?
I can hear Steve Mac; "They´ll bite ya!"
WE are having less rain in the average, but distribution sucks . . .
Let us know, ok?
Heron

I was wondering the same thing !

Nobody is talking much about this crappy weather.

Florida, California & Queensland.

Queensland

Queensland

We take as it comes, happens every few years.
The people making a fuss are new to the area or the media.

The crocks are only in the northern part of Queensland, up here where I live.
There is a few in the river a couple of 100 yards from my place, they are like snakes leave them alone and they wont bite you.

A little about Queensland.
"Queensland is Australia’s second largest state, covering 1 722 000 km2 and the third most populous with more than 3.6 million inhabitants. It occupies 22.5 per cent of the continent in the north-east and has boundaries with New South Wales, South Australia and the Northern Territory. It is bounded by the Gulf of Carpentaria, Torres Strait and the Coral Sea in the north, and the South Pacific Ocean in the east. The total coastline is 7400 km with the corals of the Great Barrier Reef fringing the eastern coastline for more than 2000 kilometres. Brisbane, the capital, is located in the south-eastern corner of the State".

Australia sure doesn’t look like the second driest continent on Earth, judging from the news photos. They claim an area of QLD larger than France and Germany combined is under water.

They claim an area of QLD larger than France and Germany combined is under water.
Like Graeme said, the ones you hear on the news are the easily excitable ' blowins' that wouldnt know jacsh1t bout wot is normal.

I saw pictures of that dry river that runs through Alice Springs and it actually had water in it for the first time in 100 years (or something like that). It was ankle deep and the locals were so excited they were out wading.

Funny I heard it said that the area under water is the size of Texas & New Mexico...

We take as it comes, happens every few years.
The people making a fuss are new to the area or the media.

The same thing goes on here. I can remember journalists such as Chet Huntley, David Brinkley, Howard K. Smith, Frank Reynolds and Uncle Walt Crankypants reporting the weather back in the fifties and sixties.
The ones today are making out this Global warming is the cause of all the bad weather we have now. If it gets hot "it's Global warming!" If it gets cold "It's global warming." If we have nice weather for a few weeks "it's and anomaly during climate change." We didn't have Global warming back then in the fifties and sixties. We just had weather that got hot and cold.
The leaves still drop off the trees in the fall and I have to rake the #$@% things. But they grow right back in the spring. Oh Well...must be global warming.

It is called Global Warming today isn't it? It wasn't 20 years ago Time magazine was calling it Global Cooling......Then it went to Climate Change and the latest I heard it's made it full circle plus back to Warming again.
Or has it moved on again?
I was reading the other day about the Great Lakes and how where Chicago used to be under a mile thick slab of ice. Well looking at it today it would appear it did warm a little up there.

Understand that the astronomers are saying that ALL the planets in our solar system are showing signs of warming up, -------this greenhouse gas problem from all our cars and power plants down here is really getting serious :)

Tony

I saw pictures of that dry river that runs through Alice Springs and it actually had water in it for the first time in 100 years (or something like that).
Id like to see that bit of jernalism.
Not that i dout your word CB, but thats stretchn the truth a tad, even for a jernalist.

Birdy, being stuck out at the hind end of nowhere, you probably don’t get to see the latest pictures.
Thats a new term for gods country iv never heard before.

Sumone go round to CBs place and slap him round abit .
He seems to have bumped his head.
The lady in charge of QLD...............
Dosent this tell you sumthn CB?
As if the $#%& thats supposed to be run'n the joint would hava clue wots go'n on.
She's advised by advisers, who have agenders, like blown it outa proportion, so's the feds n other states will help bail um out.
Nuthn to do with wots happen'n.
Im not says its not wet over there, but its not the biggest, or the first.

The cities damaged last year are been rebuilt, meanwhile, the capricious weather is picking other targets . . .lots of damage in other places right now....
Heron

Soooo....the flooding in Australia is a common thing ?

Is it over & dried up now ?

Not a big deal ??

Anyone know how S. California is making out ?

The media thrives on sensationalism, Birdy.

You wouldn’t buy a newspaper or turn on the TV if the headlines said; “Everything is fine: no rapes, robberies, fires, floods or earthquakes to report.”

With the internet, there is no longer a “hind end of nowhere.” A ping test between here and Australia requires 555 milliseconds. That’s going from here to a satellite in geostationary orbit 22,000 miles above the Equator and back down to Australia. The distance alone, with radio signals traveling at 186,000 miles/second requires 44,000/186,000 = 237 ms. The rest is used up by landlines and internal circuits. So anything that I might say only takes a bit more than ½ second to reach you.