Wayne Stargel

Dad had to go to the E.R. this morning he had some bleeding that concerned me, he has a sinus infection. So he is on antibiotics for 5 days. W e got the results from the test he had on Thursday and the cancer has grown more. We will meet with the Oncologist on Friday. So I will post more after that. Dad is staying at my house and the address is 103 Gwen Dr. Attalla,Al.35954. Thanks for your support and prayers just keep them going up.

I hate to get all soft but I hope your dad comes out ok! My pop faught till the end! enjoying every last breath! I hate cancer! :(

Wayne's having problems

Wayne's having problems

I am going to visit Wayne today ( 12/15/09 ) And from what I understand from his daughter,,,,he's kinda hurtin. Keep him in your prayers. We delivered a card from our EAA chapter to help cheer him up, he needs our prayers.

Drove down to see Wayne today,12-18-09. He is in good spirits and feels that he can whip this thing. Looking forward to being at Bensen Days 2010 with his machine. Said to thank all of those who ask about him. He really enjoys these visits and looks forward to the next one.

Hope Wayne gets better soon, he is a great guy that has gone out of his way to help a lot of people.

our prayers are with him and his family.

Hang in there Wayne!! Hope to here from you soon, Jon has been keeping me posted. I have been so busy lat. on the new shop and work,Its even hard to get on the computer now. most of the time it's after most bed time for some.
I hope all is well, and God bless.
Regards your Tennessee Bud..

Just a quick update that is very late..from the Dr.'s visit on last Friday. The 2 rounds of chemo Dad had didn't work, so they are going to start a different kind of treatment, we as a family decided to wait until after Christmas to do that the Dr. said that it wasn't going to change anything so we are going to celebrate Christmas without the chemo, he was scheduled to go in on the 21st,22ND,23rd, and 24Th, so by Christmas he would be very sick.So we will wait until after the first of the yr. Thank you Mr. Bud for helping me keep everyone updated. Dad has really enjoyed his visits. Mr. Ron came the other day and brought Dad some Goodies to eat and 2 day's late Mr. bud shows up with some of his wife wonderful candies (sorry I had to sample them too and I must agree they are very good). I understand why Dad ate as much as he did, it was to keep us kids out...anyways It is late and Dad is having a restless night, So say a quick prayer for him. Also Thank You everyone for the card. I will update when there is more to tell. Thank You.

Four of us went to visit Wayne today, 1-12-10. Jon Carlton,Ron Iaconis,Lewis Gully and myself.Wayne is not doing well at all.He slept most of the time that we were there.His daughter Frances and son Jamie are careing for him and doing a very good job. Hospitice is coming in tomorrow to look into helping take care of him for a while.
Would all of you please say a prayer for our friend.
Thank You.

Thanks Bud for the update, Jon and I talked yesterday about Wayne's condition, doesn't sound to promising at this point.
I just hope they can keep him comfort for now !

Life is just not fair sometimes. Wayne worked so hard for years to get his gyro flying and I think he only got to fly it a short few times before turning sick. It's just not fair.
I wont to go and visit,but just don't know when would be the perfect time. I will try and contact Francis sometime on Thursday.

Billy,
George Goff,Ron Iconis and I are going down again sat.the 16th to visit for awhile.We are going to meet at "Jacks" resturant at the Collinsville exit on I59 about 10am. I know that it would be a rough drive for you to be there but if you can give Ron or me a call.I know that Wayne would be happy to see you.

Billy,
Tried to send a P.M but don't know if it went out or not. Should you decide to come visit Wayne sat.1-16-10 you can stay with us both ways where you won't have to drive so far in one day. We save a spare room and plenty to eat and you will be most welcome.
If you come sat. or not you are still welcome to come any time.

Billy, now is the time to go visit Wayne. Don't put it off. Tell him I said Hi. I sent a card awhile back. I'll get another one out asap.

I drove down to visit Wayne today.They took him form his daughters home and admitted him into the hosipital in Gadson Al. He will be there for a day or two more and then into a clinic untill the end. Things are not real good for our friend at all.
He knows what is happening and is all right with it. He has made his peace with god and is ready.
I don't like seeing him in this condition but I will contuinue to visit untill the end.
He cannot talk much and sleeps a lot from all the meds that he is on but he knows that we are there and will squeeze your hand when you talk to him.
If you want to visit I would do it soon.

Man I really hate to hear this,I wish I could visit him. he is a really great guy and I value his friendship. our prayers are with him and his Family. Wayne would call me once in awhile and we would talk gyros for hours. he has helped me and many others on this Forum.
It really hurts my heart to see such a good man taken down by this Illness.

thanks for keeping us updated.

Thank you Tim,
He knows how hard it is to get away from all that we have going on.Just knowing that we care helps him a lot.

It amazes me how fast something like this can strike. It just reinforces how fragile and precious life is. Here today, gone tomorrow. I spent some time talking with Wayne at Bensen Days but I'm sorry I didn't spend more time with him. He and his family are in our prayers.