Newest list available

All_In

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Airgyro AG915 Centurian, Aviomania G1sb
Total Flight Time
Gyroplane 70Hrs, not sure over 10,000+ logged FW, 260+ ultralights, sailplane, hang-gliders
Here's the new volunteer list that will become a webpage request.
Have I left anyone's pet project off the list.
--- Start ----

Page Title:Volunteers - Jobs

The Popular Rotorcraft Association, which we like to call just "PRA," is a non-profit organization. It’s really a group of like minded people that is trying to foster, promote, and popularize education in rotorcraft among its members and the general public

PRA, like all organizations, is only as strong as the members that step up and volunteer to actually make anything new happen.

The true hero’s are behind the scenes creating new benefits for the many while the rest are out flying.

We need you!!

You can be a major part of the PRA by volunteering and be responsible for really making a difference happen today.

Current projects and positions we need your help with:
1) New website with an eZine, a Library of text articles, Building and Flight instruction, video and photo galleries, Rotorcraft Plans uploads and downloads, Classified ads, PRA Storefront where members can sell there wares, Forum, Blogs, News Releases and much more…
a. Assistant Webmaster(s)
b. Content Upload Auditors & Forum Moderators
c. Rotorcraft plans upload Auditors
d. Editor / Page Manager for the photo gallery.
e. Others to be announced as pages are created​

2) Bringing Rotorcraft Magazine on line.
a. We need folks with scanners to capture the old hardcopies into an online version.
b. Cash donations to pay for the shipping of magazines back and forth to members that will do the actual scanning.​

3) New Public Content Online “eZine”
a. The good news the department head positions are filled with really knowledgeable folks.
b. We need researcher looking for articles and press releases for new technologies that apply to rotorcraft and flying. Here are the new sections we are looking for:
i. Technical Tips and Timesavers (think hints from Heloise).
ii. Near Misses (how a bad situation got saved).
iii. Member Profile: who deserves to be "Profiled" (I can call them and do an interview or you can write about them and send it to me). Not just because they are cool or a great pilot but maybe they have another interesting story or side.
iv. Pilots Tales section this would be a photo galley section like Tim, Vance, and others are posting now.
v. Pilots Debrief: Where were post answers to question that Chuck, Udi, Doug, and others teaching us so much. This is also were we will analyze gyro crashes or rebuilds from same.
vi. Cutting Edge industry news releases and photos.
vii. Gossip and human interest stories.
viii. My stupidest Mistake
ix. Dream Trip (the gyro trip of your dreams)
x. How to: How not To!​

4) Rotorcraft Plan download and upload Page
a. Editor / Page Manager to fill out the text data describing the plans uploaded.​

5) We need writers
a. Looking for authors many things like a short 'brochure' on ground safety and make it available as a free download from GyroWiki and the PRA web site.​

6) Looking for Chapters to donate time to man the Convention Cantina for 1 meal next year.

7) The general membership wants to encourage gyro and heli pilots to attend events and show off their gyros and/or man booths.

8) Starting a fund raising committee.

9) Starting a Scholarship fund.

10) Designing Shirts or Tags for PRA volunteers

11) Designing Brochures as well as business cards and CD videos with gyro information to pass out.

12) How to Video Library We need you to turn a video camera on your builds or improvements. We will add the sound track later. Please contact Rob AKA fiveboy for more info.

---End---

Anyone who can help please PM me!!

Last edited:
Thank you RICK from all 30+ (I think) volunteers! You guys rock!:hail:
This BOD and our volunteers are the real hero's some have been working for over a year to make things start to happen. Thank you from me too guys and gals!!!!

I seem to get all the credit as the board picked me to be to be the Volunteer Coordinator because I never shut up. I guess they knew what they were doing because every-time I ask for help some of our very best people have stepped up!

In fact it's getting fun, because it all really is getting done! Very exciting...:whoo:

Last edited:
I added a 12 and 13 forgotten projects that Rob AKA fiveboy just reminded me off.

12) How to build Video Library. We need you to turn a video camera on some aspect of your builds or improvements. We will add the sound track later. Please contact Rob AKA fiveboy for more info.

13) Safety video's we need everyone with a video camera to make a 1-2 min video on some aspect of their flight routine or safety procedures and sent them in (for vetting) we would quickly have a valuable library of how to and how not to videos. Not fancy stuff - just right to camera. Please contact Rob AKA fiveboy for more info.

John,

One of the other threads is talking about the pilot briefings and what all it takes to get to fly at the convention. Since I own a sign company, I would like to donate 2 12x24 signs to the PRA to be used at the entrance (registration table) and at the gate to the runway. Ask the BOD what they would like to put on them to indicate to people that if they are planning to fly - they must go somewhere and sign up. I will use anodized aluminum so that they will last a long time.

I understand that Kim is going to help with the scanning and the facebook and myspace. She would also like to help out with the design of the business cards and brochures.

We would like to talk to you on the phone a bit about possibly taking over the assistant web master job as a team.

Also, I had an idea while sitting at the banquet about designing a 3D trophy to be used for one of the awards. If approved by the board, I would like to make it one of those that returns to the convention each year to be presented to the next guy who keeps it for a year and returns it. Each winner would get also get a plaque or something to keep - and the PRA might have to pay to ship it in and out each year, but it could be on presentation in the museum during the convention. My first thought was to do it for the time-to climb contest, but when all the previous winners of the "pilot and machine" award stood up, I realized I would like to do something for them as well -- there were a lot of greats in the lineup. Maybe even go back and engrave it with all the past winners names. -- heck maybe I will just have to make 2 of them.

What do you think, is this idea worth pursuing?

-- Rex (it is really me this time) ;-)

Dang Rex you and Kim are becoming a two person army!!!

Thank you we accept!!!

Last edited:
Dang we need more woman volunteers! They break the egg drop record and get things done overnight!

Our own Kim AKA Freebirdswife has got our free advertising page started for us and it's got photo and video galleries. We would love to have Ed's, Tim O and Tim Chicks stuff at least posted. Won't we guys!

I love women!
Here's a link

Here's the link to the group page
http://groups.myspace.com/PopularRotorcraftAssociation

and the normal link:
http://www.myspace.com/493910348

Yes, I would love to put some of their videos up!!! I can do a link to YouTube with the "Blog" section but in order to actually post them so they come up like a "Video Section" I have to have the videos here to upload. If you would like to have a video posted on the website please email it to me and I will upload it.

You can add photos to the Group Page though. If you would like to add any photos just upload them and as soon as I get the requested I can approve them to be posted.

Thanks!
Kim