Taxiing and flying

Good morning everyone

I understand that there are 2 tapes that Ken Brock put out.One is on taxiing and the other is flying gyroplanes.. Can someone please tell me where to get these???

Regards
Stan Z

I believe they are both available on Youtube.

Do a search, you may have to watch a lot of Gyro vids before you find the ones you are looking for but I doubt that will be too much of a problem. :yo:

They are on youtube. Search Ken Brock

Here you go:

Part 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb8FmjIWvP0

Part 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cx8oFQTWd4

GAD! I can't get that song out of my head!!!!

By the way, Stan. Those videos are only a hint. They are helpful, but don't cover a whole lot of things that you need to know before striking out on your own. Personally, I think that most machine crunching these days is done during improper ground work. You don't have to get into the air or even to flight speed to ball up a perfectly good gyro. Taxiing with the blades up and crow-hopping can be dangerous, especially if there is any wind at all.

*JC*

One thing to remember when watching

One thing to remember when watching

those videos as well, they are on a dry lakebed and were free to always be directly in to wind. You might not have that option on a runway and any little crosswind could have dramtic affects on your crowhopping.
I would have killed myself if I had tried to watch the brock videos and tried it myself without instruction from my CFI.
Ben S

I know that the first time i did some flying the wind sock was (limp) hardly NO wind. The next time i went up to fly the wind sock was Half limp to straight out. Well lets just say there was a difference when I took off the wind pulled me up when I hit a gust and also when I went to land, it did not want to go smooth. So I would say when you first starting off after your training of course!

NO WIND First 50 hours (for me)

I would ONLY use these videos as a intellectual reference guide...they are NOT a replacement for proper training. They will help you with the principles, but they are worthless compared to actual hands on WITH A CFI.
PLEASE do NOT try to teach yourself with these videos...YOU WILL END UP HURT OR DEAD...!!!!

Last edited:
Ditto what Mike said.....need to find a good CFI first!

Watch the vids, read on the forum, hang around an active Chapter or group of gyro pilots. Take a back seat for a year or so, try to assimilate what is being talked about.

Yes it's slow, and yes I came to gyro's thinking three to four weeks should be able to crack this. Taint so.

Did my fixed wing private in three weeks, commercial and multi in three months and, and, and.

Been a couple of years now, still working on a PPL (G)

I've stopped rushing, go with the flow. It's different.

But, I have seen, it's not a bad way to do things.

There is that old adage that a man who defends himself in court has a fool for a lawyer.... a man who tries to learn to fly a gyro by watching a youtube video has a widow for a wife.

There is that old adage that a man who defends himself in court has a fool for a lawyer.... a man who tries to learn to fly a gyro by watching a youtube video has a widow for a wife.
Rob, I would say that, with your addition to the 'old adage', a new adage has been created to use the next time some one talks of self training. But, it only covers married guys!