Recreational Electric Aircraft

Dave you had me excited for a moment but when I clicked on the Electric Rotorcraft Link it took me to a page that said it wasn't ready yet. What a tease!!!!

Doug, perhaps it will also tease others on the Rotary Wing Forum into considering electric rotor craft.
The competition is the RC forums. ;)

Dave

There is another very nice electric aircraft on the market, and I am looking forward to flying one of them next year:

http://www.lange-aviation.com/

They are producing a double seater now and developing a fuel-cell driven aircraft that has already had its maiden flight.

Takeshi Uchiyamada, head of research and development, environmental technologies, at Toyota:

"The electric vehicle has become a fever and everyone is talking about it," he says during a journalist briefing in Frankfurt.

"But in the 1990s, lots of vehicle manufacturers launched electric vehicles, and Toyota did too.

"And if the question is if there have been any major technological developments since then, the answer is no."

Toyota believes current battery technology, though vital to its petrol-electric hybrid solutions, is merely good enough to power small cars for city driving, just as it was 15 years ago.

2009 Frankfurt Auto Show.

But then again, what would a Toyota researcher know about electricity?

It's also twice as efficient as a Toyota Prius.

The new model that is priced under 50K is perfect for someone like me who doesnt have a huge commute or alot of money.

I'm not saying it's the answer for everyone Chuck, but the technology IS getting better.